Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Product Changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Product Changes

Hey guys. I've read on here that NFCU is pretty liberal with their PCs. 

Here is my situation. I have a $2700 balance transfer on my Cash Rewards 1.5% card. It is in the 0% offer period which ends in February. 

Am I able to PC the card to the Platinum card while carrying the Balance Trasnfer? Or will I need to wait until I've paid off the balance?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Product Changes

NFCU customer service is 24/7/365 because their members may be deployed worldwide. Call NFCU customer service to ask them.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gollum wrote:

NFCU customer service is 24/7/365 because their members may be deployed worldwide. Call NFCU customer service to ask them.

Thanks for the info! I know and they have amazing customer service. I wanted to ask people here first. Also, not so easy for me to call as those who are in the US full time. 

Message 3 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey PossySmiley Happy

It might be possible, heh hehSmiley Wink, but only Navy can say. Send them a SM . My concern is even if they do allow it, your terms on the Bt would still remain in effect and getting the Plat would not help in any way with that transfer . Remember you can't transfer within same bank/ CU in that traditional way. I would just transfer the remaining over to your Discover, then if you still want to pc do so. Any reason you csnt apply strsight out for the Plat? I would give you m8ne but mine is just a baby ,$500, and im pretty sure its illegal to transfer babies over the interwebzSmiley Wink,😄
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Hey PossySmiley Happy

It might be possible, heh hehSmiley Wink, but only Navy can say. Send them a SM . My concern is even if they do allow it, your terms on the Bt would still remain in effect and getting the Plat would not help in any way with that transfer . Remember you can't transfer within same bank/ CU in that traditional way. I would just transfer the remaining over to your Discover, then if you still want to pc do so. Any reason you csnt apply strsight out for the Plat? I would give you m8ne but mine is just a baby ,$500, and im pretty sure its illegal to transfer babies over the interwebzSmiley Wink,😄

Hi AJC!! So glad to see "Possy" again! LOL!

I was hoping someone on here had some experience with this. But, I bit the bullet and called. I had to pay for the call from Asia. But, oh well. I got a really good answer. 

1. You can definitely do the PC with the BT balance. 

2. The permanent APR will change to whatever the new card's APR rate is.  In my case, it dropped form 11.9% to 8.24%

3. And here is the best part, when my 0% promo is over, if I still have a remaining balance from the BT, then it will be charged at the 8.24% rate and not the 11.9% rate. I, of course, have no intention of carrying the balance past the 0% promo period. But it is good to know I would get the lower rate if I did. I was completely surprised by this. But, very happy!

4. I also could choose between Mastercard or Visa for the Platinum. I chose the Mastercard. Now, I have two Mastercards, two Visas, two Discovers, 2 AmEx (without auth user cards and 4 with auth user cards).

I switched over to the platinum right away.  I couldn't apply outright for it because I apped for and got the Flagship this weekend. AJC-AmEx turned me down for the Bonvoy Brilliant. My heart hurt. But Navy offered me the Flagship to make me feel better!!!! Also, having the Flagship now, the Cash Rewards card had outlived its usefulness. And I wanted to change it over to the Platinum for the lower APR. 

And thanks for your offer of your Plat! But, I don't want us to do anything illegal. Lol!

Edited to add info regarding choice of mastercard or visa for the Plat

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

Thanks for the info! I know and they have amazing customer service. I wanted to ask people here first. Also, not so easy for me to call as those who are in the US full time. 

Just FYI here but they actually have a ton of international toll free numbers too. 

https://www.navyfederal.org/contact-us/phone-numbers.php

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

Just FYI here but they actually have a ton of international toll free numbers too. 

Thanks!! I called the U.S. number. Have to pay for the call. But I will live with it.  The country where I am isn't listed.  

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

Thanks!! I called the U.S. number. Have to pay for the call. But I will live with it.  The country where I am isn't listed.  

Well that’s a bummer, glad that you got it sorted though. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great job Possy very big Data points for future reference . Be safe over thereSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Great job Possy very big Data points for future reference . Be safe over thereSmiley Happy

Thanks AJC! Yes, I'm hopoing this helps someone who might have the question (which I admit was an odd one) in the future!  

Thanks for the safe wishes!! I'll be home in three days for a few months Yaaaaay! Can't wait! I'm ready to eat all types of fast food, junk food and momma's cooking. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.