Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Question

tag
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Question

I'm getting ready to apply for a credit card from NFCU once my barclay card hits 6 months. I plan on waiting til the 6th statement cuts and not the acutal date I applied for the card just to be safe. Now i'm pretty sure I'll be approved for the card but I'm providing my credit profile for every one to see just incase you guys think I wont be

AAOA 3.5 years according to Credit Karma

INQ's Credit Karma shows 9 and quizzle shows 7 (all 7 are a year old or more) Credit.com none

FAKO: CK 671 Quizzle 687 credit.com 720

Util: 15-20%

BK7 reporting from 12/11

No lates or collections since filling for BK7

Auto Loan since 2/12 never late

I have not applied for any credit since I did with barclay back in march and previous to that was in july 2012. Also I asked barclay for a CLI at the 5 month mark and they doubled my CL from 1500 to 3k.

So does anyone think I won't get approved and which card should I apply for?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Question

If you are a member, you will probably get approved now.  For any other bank I would suggest you pull a FICO score, but NFCU gives credit cards to their members... I don't think you need to worry about it.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 7
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply dave. Yes I am a member and have been a member since 1/13

Message 3 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

You will be fine. I am sure NFCU will give you your best CL to date as they have for me and many others.

Message 4 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@svtthis wrote:

AAOA 3.5 years according to Credit Karma

Keep in mind that CK reports AAoOA, not AAoA.

@svtthis wrote:

which card should I apply for?

What are you looking for?  No card is one-size-fits-all.  You need to provide a more more information on what you need/want if you want recommendations.

Message 5 of 7
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

Takeshi74 what is the difference between the 2 i thought they were the same. Also cash back or some type of rewards.

Message 6 of 7
LLMT
Regular Contributor

I don't think you'll have issues getting approved, but if you are really worried app for nRewards (it is the easiest approval) and then you can see what you are eligible to PC to based on your approval.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.