cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

tag
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

Well I will probably if anything pull the trigger next month when the scores are fresh and my TU is due for a new score/report from myFico on January. We'll see how that goes and maybe get a better CL than what I would get right now with this old score. BTW. Thanks for all the input I've gotten as of now. Its great hearing different opinions and experiences on this matter.

Edit: BTW whats the best way to better your chances on approval with a NFCU CC? From past experiences.. Online, Phone, etc etc..

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 11 of 37
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Well I will probably if anything pull the trigger next month when the scores are fresh and my TU is due for a new score/report from myFico on January. We'll see how that goes and maybe get a better CL than what I would get right now with this old score. BTW. Thanks for all the input I've gotten as of now. Its great hearing different opinions and experiences on this matter.

Edit: BTW whats the best way to better your chances on approval with a NFCU CC? From past experiences.. Online, Phone, etc etc..

I personally don't like to talk to people over the phone. It makes me nervous LOL. I always apply online, but you may be different.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

I'm just noticing your scores are similar to mine. Did you have any baddies and what where they when you app'ed for a "real" NFCU CC. TiA.

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 13 of 37
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

I'm just noticing your scores are similar to mine. Did you have any baddies and what where they when you app'ed for a "real" NFCU CC. TiA.

No collections

Verizon Wireless Paid CO - 4/5 months old

NFCU vehicle loan with 6 or 7 30 day lates, and 3 60 day lates

NFCU consolidation loan that was paid off but the final payment got counted as 30 days late

EQ Fico probably was around 642-648 then.

Had obtained an Amazon Store Card, Amex Zync, and Barclays card a few months prior. Like between August and October of 2011.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 37
dodgeball
Established Contributor

your selling yourself short with worry

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 15 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Re: your selling yourself short with worry

@dodgeball wrote:

No! Not really. I just want to make sure all my lines are straight. On my 675 TU is 2 CO CC's (Express & HSBC) GW with Express and PRA. They are getting removed, but havent hit TU yet, only EX. 2 foreclosed Chase mortgage loans. Coming off Dec. 2013. 4 Revolving Accounts. 3 paid off installment loans (2 are toyota financial credit car loans, closed and paid) 2 inquiries (last was 10/12) and 2 collections PRA & AD ASTRA RECOVERY (PRA should be coming off in the next month or so and I GW'ed AD Astra Recovery)

So now that my dirty laundry is out can someone tell me what are my more accurate odds of success. Smiley Indifferent

Message 16 of 37
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

@dodgeball wrote:

No! Not really. I just want to make sure all my lines are straight. On my 675 TU is 2 CO CC's (Express & HSBC) GW with Express and PRA. They are getting removed, but havent hit TU yet, only EX. 2 foreclosed Chase mortgage loans. Coming off Dec. 2013. 4 Revolving Accounts. 3 paid off installment loans (2 are toyota financial credit car loans, closed and paid) 2 inquiries (last was 10/12) and 2 collections PRA & AD ASTRA RECOVERY (PRA should be coming off in the next month or so and I GW'ed AD Astra Recovery)

So now that my dirty laundry is out can someone tell me what are my more accurate odds of success. Smiley Indifferent

99% Chance you get approved and approved big. If you truly have a EQ 650, you will get approved. Expect 5K ish.  Especially since you have 2 years of positive history with them. Stop worrying and go for it. Look at my Sig...then see what NFCU card I'm rocking!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 37
dodgeball
Established Contributor

I think you will be approved as well, your going to get the In review process than in a couple of days bamm you will get the 5k. Also check my signature on what NFCU cards I have as well. My story not unlike yours.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 18 of 37
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

+1. NFCU is the best with giving generous CLs and approvals to rebuilders. You should have no trouble getting approved, especially given your secured card's history with them.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
+1. NFCU is the best with giving generous CLs and approvals to rebuilders. You should have no trouble getting approved, especially given your secured card's history with them.

So you would say go ahead and apply for any NFCU? Base on your experiences I could possibly be approved for the Flagship Signature card? Not that I see myself in need of that, but just out of curiosity. Personally I would probably just try for the CashRewards or just an unsecured nRewards. Not big on the AF CC's. 

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.