cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

tag
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Card.. Hitting 2 yrs in April! What to do?

That was a great story.  I read all three pages and I was thinking, "Do it... just apply!"

I knew you'd be approved!  Congratulations.

Frequent Contributor

Re: APPROVED!!!! :D

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Wow! Just this morning checked my NFCU account and BOOM! The Visa Signature Flagship Rewards CC was added with a starting 5K CL at 14.99% cant complain, wasnt even sure about being approved. Anyways thanks to you guys here at myFICO I pulled the trigger and another success story has unfolded. THANKS! Smiley Very Happy

BTW: The scores they probably pulled were: TU:663 and/or EQ:668.

I'm late I know. But see??? Told you, you'd get approved. LOL NFCU is a great CU. Treat them well and they'll treat you even better...Wait...Treat them bad, and you can still get in their good graces later. I can attest.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Wow! Just this morning checked my NFCU account and BOOM! The Visa Signature Flagship Rewards CC was added with a starting 5K CL at 14.99% cant complain, wasnt even sure about being approved. Anyways thanks to you guys here at myFICO I pulled the trigger and another success story has unfolded. THANKS! Smiley Very Happy

I'm late I know. But see??? Told you, you'd get approved. LOL NFCU is a great CU. Treat them well and they'll treat you even better...Wait...Treat them bad, and you can still get in their good graces later. I can attest.

Hahaha! Yes a little late Dr. Sweets.. lol I know I was shocked too. Then after I just went on a app spree. Asked for a the $2.5k NavChek and got it. Last night app'ed for the USAA Affiliates Amex Rewards, approved. Still waiting on Walmarts 7-10 day letter. See if they deny me then. Muahah! But yea I'm done app'ing. Gotta garden and heal up for the Amex Charge cards...coming soon January 2014. Smiley Happy

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 33 of 37
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

@Sweets8E wrote:

@jrodzmc09 wrote:

Hahaha! Yes a little late Dr. Sweets.. lol I know I was shocked too. Then after I just went on a app spree. Asked for a the $2.5k NavChek and got it. Last night app'ed for the USAA Affiliates Amex Rewards, approved. Still waiting on Walmarts 7-10 day letter. See if they deny me then. Muahah! But yea I'm done app'ing. Gotta garden and heal up for the Amex Charge cards...coming soon January 2014. Smiley Happy

You're on a roll. LOL Congrats on your approvals, that's a nice take.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 37
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

awesome congrats!!

i never doubted it.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 35 of 37
shols44
Frequent Contributor

Told ya! Congratulations! I knew going for the flagship sig was the way to go! Now...that 5K will grow to 20K over a year I bet. I plan on hitting the luv button at three months, and every three till I fill my coffers!

Glad you went for it! NFCU hands down is the best CU/Bank in the country. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 36 of 37
jrodzmc09
Contributor

Thank you all! Wouldn't be able to have the courage to pull the trigger without you all. Robot surprised

USAA PLATINUM MC: $9.5k | CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: $5k | NFCU FLAGSHIP REWARDS: $5k | USAA VFW REWARDS: $4k | BARCLAYS FINANCING VISA: $2.3k | CHASE AMAZON REWARDS: $2k | DISCOVER IT: $1k | AMEX BCP: $1K | PAYPAL SC: $1.3k | MACYS: $1.2k | EXPRESS: $600 | NFCU LOC: $2.5k | NFCU AUTO LOAN: $21k
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.