Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Card Questions

tag
itspnutbutterkellytime
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured Card Questions

Thank you all for the information and responses! I think I will go ahead and do the secured loan with Alliant and then open a secured card with NFCU. They seem to be very generous once a relationship is established!

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 MAY 18:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2021 JULY 21:
Message 11 of 15
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

In order to do the secured card with NFCU is a HP required? I already have an unsecured, but I was going to go the secured route and add my daughter as an AU in order for her to have something in case of an emergency. TIA

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 12 of 15
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

yes, it is an HP on the secured card in order for them to determine what APR you will receive.

If you don't want an HP you can easily add her as an AU to your existing card and wouldn't have to tie the money up in order to secure the card!

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 13 of 15
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

LOL I  was trying to limit my exposure. no seriously she is a great kid, so I'm not worried. We will wait and see what happens when I leave the gardening business to others in a few months. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sandman771 wrote:

LOL I  was trying to limit my exposure. no seriously she is a great kid, so I'm not worried. We will wait and see what happens when I leave the gardening business to others in a few months. 

I believe NFCU will allow you to give your AU a max CL of your choosing...not be more than your current obviously. So, if you want to give her maybe a $500 CL for example. I believe I read that they do this! I'd call NFCU and ask. This will limit exposure for you!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.