Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured Graduation?

tag
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

NFCU Secured Graduation?

Looking to add nother secured CC to my wallet.  Does anybody know whether it will eventually graduate?  If not, I will go unsecure with Wells Fargo since I already have a car loan with them.  I read that WF does graduate.

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
ttrations
Valued Member

Re: NFCU Secured Graduation?

Hi, I have a secured card w/NFCU and was told by them that it would graduate after 12 months.

In the garden until Dec 2014
Latoshia_gray@yahoo.com
Current: TU 621, EQ 564, EX 630
Goal: 670 across the board
Wallet: Cap 1 secured and unsecured, USAA AMEX secured, NFCU secured MC, Walmart, JCP, Kohl's, Victoria's Secret, Barclays
Message 2 of 8
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

Thank you.  Could I ask what your initial deposit into it was?  

CURRENT SCORES: EQ: 628 (12/14/14); TU: 628 (12/10/14); EX: 636 (12/13/14)--All myFICO
STARTING myFICO EQ SCORE:: 507 (11/2013); GOAL SCORE: 700--(All CRAs); GARDENING SINCE: 10/5/14
Message 3 of 8
ttrations
Valued Member

Sure.  My initial deposit was $800 and I have since increased it to $1500.  I have had the card since May.

In the garden until Dec 2014
Latoshia_gray@yahoo.com
Current: TU 621, EQ 564, EX 630
Goal: 670 across the board
Wallet: Cap 1 secured and unsecured, USAA AMEX secured, NFCU secured MC, Walmart, JCP, Kohl's, Victoria's Secret, Barclays
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@trav07 wrote:

Looking to add nother secured CC to my wallet.  Does anybody know whether it will eventually graduate?  If not, I will go unsecure with Wells Fargo since I already have a car loan with them.  I read that WF does graduate.

Navy vs. Wells shouldn't even be a question!

Navy will unsecure but you can also just apply for unsecured after  a bit and many get approved and either leave secured open or just close it.

Wells maybe turning new leaf on unsecuring and being better about their secured product but not in the past so I don't trust them at all... I have seen some that have had a WF secured card for over 3 years!

Message 5 of 8
Longroad
Established Contributor

I believe BOA graduates as well after 12 mos

Message 6 of 8
OneDay_750
Frequent Contributor

I will definitely open a secured card with Navy FCU then.  I was thinking my loan relationship with Wells fargo may open some doors in the future, but if their secure card program sucks, I will pass. Besides, they gave me an aweful interest rate on my car loan...looking to refinance as soon as I can get my scores in the 650sh.

Message 7 of 8
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

I believe BOA graduates as well after 12 mos

I recommend the BoA secured card. I got one to establish credit, and you can even add the cash rewards program on it! Mine graduated, and it was a very simple process. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.