Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured to Unsecured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Secured to Unsecured?

I opened up a NFCU secured credit card back in May for $500.  I logged into my account today and it says that my credit limit is $2000 but the available credit still reflects the original $500 secured amount.  Is this a sign that my account is in the process of becoming unsecured and I'll be getting my deposit back soon???

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Secured to Unsecured?

yup just happened to me and they gave me back the 500 congrats

Message 2 of 9
SSH0126
Established Contributor

How were you using it every month. ? amount? 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take you to get your deposit back?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Put a small amount on it each month.  Paid most of it off, but left a small balance.

Message 5 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 6 of 9
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Did you charge under the 9% and just pif the date you recvd the statement? I’m getting one today.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations. Dv
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine unsecured last month after I paid my statement as well! I opened the card in March with a deposit of $1,000. I was checking my online banking through the mobile app and noticed my cc limit said $2,000. I called the cc department as was told the card graduated the day before but my deposit hadn't been released back to me yet. I was transferred to a supervisor who released the hold while I was still on the phone and my $1,000 deposit was back in my savings account. 

For data points, in August my utilization was 60%. I paid it down to 9% in September and then the unsecure happened. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.