Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Secured

tag
CrimsonMoon93
Contributor

NFCU Secured

I opened a secured in Oct 2020. I applied for an unsecured in June and approved with a very high CL. I've not used my secured since opening the new one and it has yet to "graduate." Should i ever expect it to move up or should I cancel it?

Starting Score 12/2018: 521 EX; 553 TU; 508 EQ
Current Score 04/2021: 627 EX; 632 TU; 622 EQ
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Secured

There doesn't seem to be a solid answer to when they graduate. Maybe put a small charge monthly through it? It's a coin toss. I have seen some decide to just close it when they got other higher limit cards from Navy but it's totally up to you.

Message 2 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

You can always call and ask why it hasnt graduated since you have a newer line. If they cant give an answer. Take your money back and close it out. That is if you have over 3 cards. If not keep open.

Message 3 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Ilinferno wrote:

There doesn't seem to be a solid answer to when they graduate. Maybe put a small charge monthly through it? It's a coin toss. I have seen some decide to just close it when they got other higher limit cards from Navy but it's totally up to you.

Agreed

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.