Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards or GoRewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards or GoRewards

Which card is better? The Cash siggy or the GoRewards? I think I messed up pretty bad. I had both cards (the siggy had a $6,000 limit and the GoRewards had a $14,500). I decided that I would rather have only one card with NFCU so I requested that they be merged. I was told i'd have to pay off the card before they would consider it and my Siggy had a lower balance. I payed it off, called bk and got the credit limit moved to my GoRewards combining the limits. I am kicking myself in the butt for closing my siggy, what was I thinking??? Smiley Mad 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jbsea
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU Signature Cash Rewards or GoRewards

I have both and I like the cash rewards better.  I'm not sure that I will get any use out of the go rewards card.  But that is just me....

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

As a data point, GoRewards started giving 3x points on restaurants a little while back, if that makes a difference.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats great to know! I feel a little better about the merge Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't get caught up on a "siggy". did you actually use the benefits before?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PCed my siggy to the GOREWARDS and have not had (nor will) any regrets. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have a gorewards siggy pictured, so they may let you pc again to it especially with your over 5000 limit. I have no credit card experience with them so I don't know their qualifications.

Messing around with the rewards calculator, my spending benefits from the gorewards over the flagship when including AF and flagship points devaluation from last year. Unless they come up with another signup bonus for the flagship, I will probably app gorewards next year. I think pcing  the flagship was a good move.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

they're very lenient on if you're over $5k on a visa they will upgrade it to siggy without hesitation.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.