Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards

tag
LesWH
Established Contributor

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards

I'm a little confused.  After going back and looking at the credit cards NFCU offers, the only signature visa card I saw was the flagship rewards card.  Is the Signature Visa Cash Rewards card something new? 

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards

@LesWH wrote:

I'm a little confused.  After going back and looking at the credit cards NFCU offers, the only signature visa card I saw was the flagship rewards card.  Is the Signature Visa Cash Rewards card something new? 

From what I have read...its not something "new" its if your approved for over 5K you get the signature visa...so its more of a limit thing than anything else

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 2 of 5
LesWH
Established Contributor

Thank you for clearing that up!  Does everyone who has a limit over 5,000 on the cash rewards card get the Signature Visa upgrade?  I guess my initial limit made me eligible.  I've never had a Signature Visa before and it looks like the perks are pretty good.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 3 of 5
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

Yes they do...When speaking to a NFCU rep its for all those with 5K limits and if I remember clearly those with limits lower but got CLI they get grandfathered in...

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 4 of 5
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I got this card (not the sig. version) a year ago with a $5K limit.  A month ago they bumped it to $6,500 and made it into the Signature card at the same time.