Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approval!

tag
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU approval!

@chasmith wrote:

AFAIK they (NFCU) don't have the membership "loophole".  They recently completed a merger with another CU (USA Federal?), and some folks were able to join the other CU by joining an organization, and their memberships rolled in with the merger.  But currently there's not a "side door" to membership.

+1 -- and I haven't heard of any other acquisitions coming up for nfcu.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 41 of 46
CS800
Super Contributor

It;s unfortunate that they dont allow veterans to bank with them. Well by vets i mean someone who hasn't retired after 20 years of service and gettign a pension from the military.

Can one apply for a CC with them if you're not a member? For example I never had a checking with TD Bank North yet when I applied for their CC years ago, I got one. MAybe times have changed.

Does USAA only accept active and former milatary also?

Message 42 of 46
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

CS800 wrote

Does USAA only accept active and former milatary also?

USAA has a limited membership where the members can sign up for some products but not all.  You shouldn't have any issues opening a checking/savings/credit card account as long as your scores are decent and don't have any bad history. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 43 of 46
CS800
Super Contributor

But with NFCU, one needs to be a member in order to apply for a CC?

From what I have been reading, the yare very generous with their CL's.

I'm far from being eligible for a prime CCsince I need about 50 points at least on all 3 bureaus.

Message 44 of 46
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

But with NFCU, one needs to be a member in order to apply for a CC?

Need to be a member to apply for the CC. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just signed up for memebrship and and havent even funded my account with the five bucks yet, decided to look at the my offers  page and see what i was being offered applied for a cash rewards visa just checked fico scores yesterday 657 was instantly approved through the website for 7.5K @11.9 happy as can be!  NFCU you rock seeing as how my credit is not perfect and they are giving me a break!

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.