Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU approved 25k.....but....

tag
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU approved 25k.....but....

Sounds to me like all this can be fixed once income can be proved and the OP changes personal info to self employed. After those two things are completed, their should be no worries.

Message 31 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's exactly what I was talking about -no taxes or YTD pay stubs will be a problem for OP if they ever ask

Message 32 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

ok, so im your opinion Im good for the card, alot of lenders requestion documentation for auto loan refi's/ new purchases..... Should I not worry to much about them asking for income verification for the card, they are overnighting them to me, Im sure if them wanted documentation when I called in they would of asked for it right? Honestly im not worried about refinancing at all, I just fingured I would shoot them an app and see what it comes back.  

So you guyes think Im good with the card right? so just forget about the loan?

Message 33 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

thanks for all your feedback, Im not going to ask for a CLI at all nor am I going to apply for more cards.  I just want to keep this 25k siggy for reasons being its my first signature and its by far the highest line I have 

Message 34 of 60
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Yes, I think you are fine with the card. It sounds like a done deal. Just dont charge up a hige balance and pay the minimum payments for 6 months Smiley Very Happy

If you are eligible for NFCU then you should also look into USAA and see if you can get in and refi with them.

Message 35 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

if they did find out I am self employed whats the worst that can happem? CLD? or just completly close my account granit I plan to establish good payment history with them 

Message 36 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

another guy told me about USAA? whats the deal with them? they dont verify income right?

Message 37 of 60
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I have no experience with that so I am not sure of worst case scenario. That is why I believe it would be best to just tell them upfront after establishing a good relationship with them. Once you do that you will be free to not worry about other apps with them. Do what you need to so you can use NFCU to their full potential.

Message 38 of 60
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

I most definately will!Smiley Happy

Message 39 of 60
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

They could freeze your account, AA or CLD IF the income cannot be proven. You could get away with saying you made mistake by not saying self employed. Problem will come in when trying to explain any huge income discrepancy
Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.