Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU bonus posting time?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

NFCU bonus posting time?

Just hit spend bonus on my flagship a few days back.  When does NFCU typically post bonuses anyone?  Got approved the 24th i believe of a few months back meaning i had till the 24th of this month to meet the 4k and met the spend.  It is on the 3rd statement/90 days or do they post a bit earlier or later?  Thanks in advance to anyone that can answer this.

Side note i had a 5.2k tax return coming that i was looking forward to putting towards some new house stuff, but the kind people at the IRS took it from me from an audit 4 years back that I was on an installment plan on for 7 years lol..  Sucks as had it allocated for some fun stuff and paying some bills off, but on the bright side my installment agreement will be done in about 4-5 months from now due to this lovely agency we have called the IRS sigh and putting refund towards installment agreement.. Guess I have always owed yearly since audit and have a year with a decent refund a POW! Smiley Tongue . Suppose I am grateful they never put a lien on my credit report either, but we had an agreement so they were good about it

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU bonus posting time?

I have the same question, CC.  I got the Flagship just after Thanksgiving, hit spend within 2 weeks (paid an upcoming Property Tax bill) and just paid off the balance 2 weeks ago.  I haven't seen the 50K bonus points yet either.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same boat. Waiting...
Message 3 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting so they aren't exactly quick shall we say..  Be interesting to have someone pipe in that has gotten one from them and received it

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it may be the full 90 days post sign up. 😕
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same question. I messaged them last week. Below is the message & their reply:

Subject: Sign-up Bonus Question

Your Message 01/31/2019 : Hi.

I have met my sign up bonus spend requirement ($4000 in 1st 90 days) and would like to be sure my account reflects this. It's been about 30 days so far & I've heard nothing. When do you suppose my account will be credited the bonus?

Thank you.
Navy Federal Response 02/01/2019 : Thank you for your message. We can confirm that your Visa Signature Flagship account has a promotion to spend $4,000.00 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date to receive 50,000 rewards points. This promotion also included the first Annual fee waived. The account was opened on 31 October 2018. Please allow up to eight weeks after the 90-day period for the bonus rewards points to be reflected in your rewards balance once a final assessment determines that you have satisfied the promotion requirements.

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Happy Ending: I logged into my account to retrieve this message and discovered that my bonus has now been credited. The statement cut a couple of days ago, so probably was awarded then.

Message 6 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same question. I messaged them last week. Below is the message & their reply:

I have met my sign up bonus spend requirement ($4000 in 1st 90 days) and would like to be sure my account reflects this. It's been about 30 days so far & I've heard nothing. When do you suppose my account will be credited the bonus?

Thank you.
Navy Federal Response 02/01/2019 : Thank you for your message. We can confirm that your Visa Signature Flagship account has a promotion to spend $4,000.00 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date to receive 50,000 rewards points. This promotion also included the first Annual fee waived. The account was opened on 31 October 2018. Please allow up to eight weeks after the 90-day period for the bonus rewards points to be reflected in your rewards balance once a final assessment determines that you have satisfied the promotion requirements.

Happy Ending: I logged into my account to retrieve this message and discovered that my bonus has now been credited. The statement cut a couple of days ago, so probably was awarded then.

Thanks.. Wow they are slow 8 weeks after spend is met and 90 days... wow could be slower than WF on giving up the bonuses Smiley Happy..  Free money so cna't complain.. Well I can complain, but whatever Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 24
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Wow, so it could be closer 5 months after card approval to see the bonus points post.  I guess I have a few more months to wait then...  Smiley Sad

Thanks for the DP James_A!

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Thanks.. Wow they are slow 8 weeks after spend is met and 90 days... wow could be slower than WF on giving up the bonuses Smiley Happy..  Free money so cna't complain.. Well I can complain, but whatever Smiley Happy

Yes, but in my case they didn't take the 8 weeks after the 90 days. My card was opened 10/31 & rec'd bonus early February -- roughly 95 days after opening. 

I could speculate they don't measure spend & pay until after full bonus period is up? And then pay promptly?

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

IIRC.....it took awhile for my FS sub to post. 

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.