Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cash rewards or platinum?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: NFCU cash rewards or platinum?

Not knowing the difference, I said to the CSR that the name platinum was a bit deceiving since in my books, I thought it was up there with the flagship only to find out that a lot of people rebuilding get this card.

Message 11 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

How does the Iwo Jima design look... is it a pretty sweet design?  Joey is a marine, so he'll probably get that design... would love your opinion on it.

0% on BTs for 18 months is a schweet deal.  How do you get that deal?  Do you have to ask for it?   That's exactly why we are looking at getting the card for him, we want to do a BT from my cash card so that i'm not carrying the whole septic repair on my credit file.  I don't want to spook Chase or Amex since they are new.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the Iwo Jima design it does look sweet!!!  I say go for it!

You know I seen the deal online when i logged onto my account it was a tab that pops up from time to time with deal and offers they have for memebers so I'm sure you can get the same deal and hey if it dose'nt pop up would honestly just ask them.   They are so generious I'm sure they would give you the same deal.  Good luck hope you get the deal!  Hey let us know if you do!

Message 13 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I love the Iwo Jima design it does look sweet!!!  I say go for it!

You know I seen the deal online when i logged onto my account it was a tab that pops up from time to time with deal and offers they have for memebers so I'm sure you can get the same deal and hey if it dose'nt pop up would honestly just ask them.   They are so generious I'm sure they would give you the same deal.  Good luck hope you get the deal!  Hey let us know if you do!

I will!  He hasn't apped yet...  We are waiting for the Amex balance to update, as the current reported balance is more than his take home pay (I use it for work expenses sometimes, and get reimbursed for it). That account with such a high balance might freak them out doing a manual review even though we pay the account in full every month. I want him to get a generous starting CL, so I'm working real hard on getting the util to report as less than 9% at time of application. Almost there!  8 more days til Amex updates!

He has no account in his own name at this time... just AU accounts reporting as follows

900 / 4200 Discover

35 / 5000 Chase

2953 / NPSL Amex

The current balance on Amex is 0, I will Pay it in Full again on the 5th or 6th to make sure that it has a very low low balance at the time when the statement cuts.

FICO 9:

Message 14 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well aren't you the nicest Sugar Mama eva helping your man out like that!!!  As a matter a fact I have one of you at home too, she is a good woman makes way more than this old Salty dog about to retire.  She is a lot older than me but still don't know what in the world she is going with me!  She is way out of my league!  haha  She is part of my ultimate retirement plan, Suggar Mama check, Retired from the Marine Corps Check, live happily ever after with my Suggar Mama girlfriend Check!!!

Your on the right track keep it up!

Message 15 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Well aren't you the nicest Sugar Mama eva helping your man out like that!!!  As a matter a fact I have one of you at home too, she is a good woman makes way more than this old Salty dog about to retire.  She is a lot older than me but still don't know what in the world she is going with me!  She is way out of my league!  haha  She is part of my ultimate retirement plan, Suggar Mama check, Retired from the Marine Corps Check, live happily ever after with my Suggar Mama girlfriend Check!!!

Your on the right track keep it up!

We take care of each other, that's why its so nice Smiley Happy   I had a car accident in my early twenties and I have recurring pain in my upper back due to the spine getting out of allignment...  On our third date I found out that he studied massage in Japan and knew how to pop everything back into place...  I fell in love Smiley Happy

Joey works as a quality chemist, he makes decent money, more actually than anyone else I've ever dated. My career is very niche... I have a degree in environmental science, but I take care of regulatory compliance (DOT, FRA, OSHA, EPA, state DEQ) for a company that makes and ships extremely hazardous substances. I get paid well for what I do, but it does take a lot out of me and its nice knowing I can come home and if Joeys off, he'll have dinner cooked, laundry is done, and I don't have to stress when I get home Smiley Happy

And he takes care of me and my daughter very well. takes us to church, (I was lost before we met, hadn't gone to church in probably 10 yrs) does stuff around the house when he's off. In turn I try to treat him like gold too cause I've never met anyone who does so much to take care of those around him and doesn't really expect anything in return.  We are getting married in May, super excited...   Just got a great new house, super excited about that, and he hung around when we were homeless LOL  we lived in my dad's fifth wheel for 2 1/2 months sleeping on the sofa sleeper not knowing if the loan was going to close or not.  So I know he'll stick around for the tough times too. I still have no idea why he's with me LOL 

FICO 9:

Message 16 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW this is freaking me out we have so much in common.  Haha my girl has some back pain too from a wreck in her early 20s.  She was in between homes and we decided that she should just move in with me.  Hey guess what I do in the Marine Corps  CBRN Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear defense.  I know a bunch about OSHA, DOA, HAZMAT, TIC's and TIM's, NIOSH all that stuff.  Hope I can get a job next year doing something along those lines when I retire hey any suggestions??  We have a toyhauler too and go to the desert a lot we also ride sportsbikes she has a gixxer 1000 O' mama a girl on a sportbike  is smokin hot!!!

Message 17 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW this is freaking me out we have so much in common.  Haha my girl has some back pain too from a wreck in her early 20s.  She was in between homes and we decided that she should just move in with me.  Hey guess what I do in the Marine Corps  CBRN Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear defense.  I know a bunch about OSHA, DOA, HAZMAT, TIC's and TIM's, NIOSH all that stuff.  Hope I can get a job next year doing something along those lines when I retire hey any suggestions??  We have a toyhauler too and go to the desert a lot we also ride sportsbikes she has a gixxer 1000 O' mama a girl on a sportbike  is smokin hot!!!

If you're good at taking tests, I would totally apply for and take the CIH exam...  and become a Certified Industrial Hygenist.  Hygenists are important, I have them come out and do exposure assessments for me all the time.  You can get hooked up with someone like Liberty Mutual or a consulting firm and pretty much set your own pay and hours.  You probably know more about the TLVs and PELs than I do at this point.  I'm only 30, but my next career move is going to be trying to pick up either my CSP (certification for safety) or CIH (certification for industrial hygience)... I've already got the CHMM which is a certification for environmental professionals dealing with extremely hazardous substances. 

My plant produce a chemical called Oleum, which is fuming sulfuric acid.  We also produce commercially acid with the highest purity you can find anywhere in the world. Our main market is for the electronics industry and semiconductor industry.   Oleum isn't as bad as some other stuff that's out there, but when you do a confined space entry into a tower thats still smoking, it can give a EHS person more than a few nightmares the day before... Sometimes I have nightmares when I know a hazardous job is coming up.  I go over all of the preparation in my mind dozens of times to make sure that I thought about and mitigated everything that could possibly go wrong.

I've been a safety and environmental person for 6 yrs and I can say that I've never had anyone get a recordable injury... Not so much as a stitch. That in itself is more rewarding than any money they could possibly pay me

FICO 9:

Message 18 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice I'm going to look into this!!!

Message 19 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Also, you may look becoming a first responder for chemical emergencies, if you want to do some hands on field work. My company uses a company called Quantum, which is called out anytime one of our trucks has an accident or a spill, or if one of our railcars with chemicals in it has an issue, or is derailed. My company also has what's called Technical Service Reps that we send to customer sites to make sure that their loading and unloading operations are safe so that we can deliver products to them and they'll be able to handle the materials safely without getting anyone hurt. The technical service reps also assist in coordinating emergency response if there is a issue during transport or if there is an issue at a customer site.

FICO 9:

Message 20 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.