Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU cc app, no instant decision?

tag
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

Re: NFCU cc app, no instant decision?

Off topic a bit. When you guys applied for membership how long did it take? My app was done two Sundays ago. Got an email that Thursday asking me to call Security. I did. Was told to fax id and ssc front and back... did so within 10 mins. Sunday will make two weeks since the actual app and today makes a week since last contact with them. Are they really this slow or are they ignoring me/myapplication? Last night I sent the fax again, so they can't say I never faxed them.

Oh yeah, that first email said I would get a letter. No letter has arrived at my house! 

Message 21 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to fax my id/ssn in too. I signed up Thursday night they told me they had to review info. So I called Friday, they told me to call back Monday. Called Monday and that's when they told me to fax my info in. So I did, and called Tuesday, and they said they didn't have it and needed me to fax it in. I told them I already faxed it, so they put me on hold to check with the membership department, then told me they had it and just needed to wait to process. Called back around 10pm that same evening and they had it set up.

So.. I'd give them a call and have them doublecheck what's going on. Really shouldn't take longer than 3-5 business days total, according to them.

Edit: Typos.

Message 22 of 69
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I applied yesterday just for membership and supplied info. so they could open a savings/checking with a small amount of money.  I did not apply for a credit card.

I've heard nothing yet, but I went back and clicked on "find your reference number" or whatever it actually said, and it did give me a number.  Then I used that number to try to set up online access and I got the message, "You are currently enrolled in Navy Federal Online and the service activation letter has been sent. Please allow sufficient time for delivery...."

Is this a good sign or is this just standard?  I hope I'll be approved for membership.  Does everyone have to send in a lot of proof or is it possible it might go through easily?  They have not taken my money yet, but I understand they won't do that till I am approved and they set everything up.

Not applicable

My wife just gave them her info over the phone and they set up her account immediately, she didn't have to send in anything additional. But I had to fax in my id/ssn. So I guess it just depends on your luck. If you received your access number (should be the 7 digit number), you could just call NFCU and make sure they have everything set up properly on their end. I can say that except for the very first customer service rep I spoke to before I was a member, all the others ones have been really helpful and nice. I don't cringe having to call them like I do with some other banks/CCC's.

Message 24 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

DW and I did not have to fax/mail anything in, other than the form to add me as a joint owner on the share draft. We opened share, share draft, and CC
Message 25 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must be lucky! I just tried checking my app status over the phone and the system wasnt working, so I spoke to someone in the CC department. She said that it shows they're still processing my application and have to verify my membership etc with a different department since my account is so new, told me to call back this evening or tomorrow morning. She said that if they were going to outright deny my app they probably would have already - but it's not like that means anything.

I'm hoping that once I'm a member for a while, it'll start going faster and I won't have a delay at every step. Just got my USAA account set up too, but I'm not going to try to apply for a credit card from them for a long time.

Message 26 of 69
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

I tried that method everyday since I applied and nothing. I have no idea what going on.  If my membership is declined they should at least tell me. Smiley Sad I'm going to wait until Monday before i call. 

Message 27 of 69
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

I set up my USAA account. look at my previous post (click my profile) they put me thru hell but since then.. Got a 4k card and 26k personal loan at 10.99% :-)  I'm happy. USAA is actually a great CU. Penfed --- they're cheap tho I've managed to get 18k combined (CC, LOC, and Overdraft.) PSECU is great too manage to get 24k.  Good luck with everything. 

(btw i applied for my USAA MC  the same day i opened... got frozen about a month later ...and then  got my cc 7 days after they verified my id and applied for 2 loans same day i activated and got a new one this week.)

Message 28 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have the access code? From what I understand, if you have an access code already, you should have an account set up. They didn't give me my access code until my membership was approved and I'd faxed them my ID etc, so if you already have an access code showing up in the system, you probably DO have a member account.

Honestly, if I was you, I'd just call them today. The worst they're going to do is say they denied the membership, and it's not like waiting a few days is going to make them change their minds about that.

Then again, you might be more patient than I am Smiley Wink Since I'm really NOT patient when it comes to waiting for approvals.

Message 29 of 69
SAIDFICOMUSTBEASCAMLOL
Valued Member

LOL. Im not a patient person at all...but I also don't like to be rejected either. My new found love for travel has allowed me to "tolerate" things a little longer ( long flights, annoying passengers,etc.) but my no means am I patient. That one trait that does not run in my family.   I'll call in the am.

Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.