Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU changed unsecured credit policy some for new members

tag
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU changed unsecured credit policy for new members

Thanks for pointing that out, plasticman.  I think I am going to do a small ($1k) BT to NFCU and do twice monthly payments for $100 or so and give it some maturing time and see how it goes.  Don't want to push my luck quite yet!
Message 31 of 36
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU changed unsecured credit policy for new members

Rejected for NFCU MC two days later...

"Loan Type: Platinum MasterCard

Unfortunately, your request for credit has not met Navy Federal lending criteria for approval, see reason(s) below. You will receive notification by mail at your address of record within the next 5-7 normal mail delivery days which will provide an explanation for the decision. This letter will also explain the appeals process that you may initiate.

• Existing credit limit on Navy Federal Visa account
  • Insufficient income for additional unsecured credit
  • Insufficient experience with present account

Was in the process of applying for NavChek LOC when I decided to check on the pending status... now I am afraid to submit the NavChek app...

:-(

Message 32 of 36

Re: NFCU changed unsecured credit policy some for new members

DH and I just joined NFCU last week.  No direct deposit was established (I do plan move DD soon).  Applied for CashRewards Card on 10/8.....approved 10/13 ...

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a cashRewards Visa credit card. Your new credit line will be $25,000.00. Your APR will be prime plus 7.4%. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days.

Im not sure if it matters but DH is Army active duty (it's easier for creditors to collect from Military than civilians if the debt were to go bad).  

We also applied for LOC today but are still waiting for response (in anticipation of transferring DD, we plant to use LOC as overdraft protection).  

Message 33 of 36
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the beautiful new line!

Would you mind sharing your EQ score/history and/or HHI?  I am itching to do the LOC, but after that rejection for the MC, and the second inquiry for the rejection, I am gun-shy (probably for good reason.  $14k is way more than I expected.. BK7 2004 and 2 30 day from 5 years ago [due to confusion on forbearance on student loans during BK discharge])... I have been around the 660-690 range depending on my disputes.

Left DH(fiancee) off of this one since I thought I would get rejected initially, so only claimed 82k HHI.

Thanks, and congrats again!

-Justin 

Message 34 of 36

HHI was about 130K (cant remember exact number).  

My EX was pretty bad.......up to 627 from Mid 500's a year ago.  

After the new 25K CC limit showed up on my report, my score jumped about 75 points on all three.  Yay!!!!! 

Message 35 of 36
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@FinallyOnTrack wrote:

HHI was about 130K (cant remember exact number).  

My EX was pretty bad.......up to 627 from Mid 500's a year ago.  

After the new 25K CC limit showed up on my report, my score jumped about 75 points on all three.  Yay!!!!! 

If you got a point increase like that (and if the scores are FICO scores) from adding a new $25K CL CC I suspect UTIL issues. Be careful with your new card and how you use it. Balances are bad!
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.