Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card application - waiting and waiting and waiting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU credit card application - waiting and waiting and waiting

Hi Everyone!

I have been hanging around the boards for a while now but have never actually posted.  On Tuesday of this week, I applied for NFCU nRewards.  I've been an NFCU member my whole life - my Dad was in the military and started my NFCU savings when I was just a baby.  However, I never actively used the savings account and it currently doesn't have a balance.

I am rebuilding and only have two capone cards, both with 500.00 limits.  After the encouraging approvals I read on the boards I thought "What The Heck" and went ahead and applied for the nRewards credit card.

My current TU score is 609.  Not great.  I have a few small collections that are unpaid but are 6-7 years old.  I have perfect payment history for the past five years.  I thought I would be instantly denied but I wasn't - so I had hope.  I applied on Tuesday morning.  On Wednesday morning they called and asked for pay stubs.  I had more hope!  They hadn't immediately rejected me!  I faxed the paystubs Thursday morning and was told I should know something within 24 hours.  24 hours passed and I hadn't heard anything.  I called in and they said I should know by the end of the day, today, Friday.

So now I'm checking the web periodically and I'm getting frustrated because I feel like it's probably a no and why are they dragging it out this long!? 

Has anyone else waited four days and then been rejected?  

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

Re: NFCU credit card application - waiting and waiting and waiting

Try logging into your account and checking your Messages.   It may show up there.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 2 of 14
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I'm playing the waiting game with them on my NavCheck app also.  App'd yesterday and got the 24 hour message.  Today they called my employer to verify employment and income.  They pulled EQ yesterday and TU today.  I figured I'd have either an approval or denial by the end of the day.  Checked the messages and no go.  Found it kind of weird they approved me for a cash rewards visa last week with a $17,500 limit instantly but are holding up a NavCheck app for $2000.  

It could be that manual underwriters are backed up.  

I won't be discouraged by the delay.. NFCU rocks and good things come to those who are patient. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had better luck with Navy federal than a person has a right to expect.  But sometimes they can take a little longer than you hope for to make their decision.

From what I have seen, with negative decisions they can be fast.  I think there are slight delays now because they are swamped with applications while running the 0% BT program.

I doubt you'll get declined for their secured card.

Message 4 of 14
GreenThumb553
Valued Member

Any word yet?  They will give approvals on Saturdays and Sundays - they work around the clock. Smiley Happy Please update us! Smiley Happy  And good luck!

Message 5 of 14
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

App'd last night for cash rewards. called today and still pending. They told me when I called to check status that I was preapproved for an auto loan. I turned it down cuz I don't need it, but told me to call tomorrow. So guess I'm waiting til tomorrow.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again - STILL waiting and waiting. This is the 5th day - I applied Tuesday morning and it is now Sunday morning.  I will let you know when I hear something - this is definitely getting old though !!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi again - STILL waiting and waiting. This is the 5th day - I applied Tuesday morning and it is now Sunday morning.  I will let you know when I hear something - this is definitely getting old though !!! Smiley Happy

I know it's tough, but just hold on another two working days.  Right now they have a 0% balance transfer offer and are really flooded with applications.

Message 8 of 14
jason86423
Frequent Contributor

I received a call yesterday regarding my NavCheck LOC.  They were requesting some additional information. Asked for 2 current pay stubs and a copy of my non Navy Federal Bank account.  Looked at the app status just a few minutes ago and it states still under review.  Obviously my request hasn't been completely denied if they are asking for additional docs but they are definately busy.

So far it has been about 3 days on the request.  I'll wait patiently.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think theyre just slow as a general rule. My ncash Visa took 5 days to approve, and my mortgage app is on its 7th day still in underwriting (at least its in underwroting!). When I qualified for FHA it took 36 hours.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.