Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card recommendations

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU credit card recommendations

Hey guys,

So.. just became a member of NFCU today.  Wondering what everyone's favorate NFCU card is?  I tend to prefer Cash Back but also interested in miles/travel.  And highest starting line, if that tends to be different between their products.

Also, I have a perfect credit history at this point except I have a ton of inquiries - 20+ -  and my credit file is only a bit over a year old... how is NFCU when it comes to inquiries?  

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU credit card recommendations

You really can’t go wrong with either of their “starter” cards; Go Rewards or Cash Rewards. I would do both (1 hp). Also, if you have a checking account with them, you should also try for the max CLOC as well. I believe (don’t hold me to it) you can apply for all three with the with the 1 hp. Talk to the rep to make sure since you have so many inquiries. It’s my understanding they aren’t too sensitive since they pull for everything!!! 🤣 Good Luck!!!
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya know, I see NFCU come up a lot, but every time I check out their CCs I'm less than impressed, especially when considering the alternatives. I did, though, become a member with Penfed, Nusenda, Vantage West, and Consumers Credit Unions for the Pathfinder Rewards CC ($100 annual travel credit plus Global Entry reimbursement but no annual fee on the card), Platinum Cash Rewards CC (5% [effectively 6%] cash back in rotating quarterly categories), Connect Rewards CC (pick a 5% cash back category from a list for each quarter, plus 3% back on gas), and Rewards checking account (3.09% interest on up to $10k plus unlimited ATM fee refunds), respectively.
Message 3 of 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Cash Rewards is far and away the best NFCU card.  The other four NFCU cards all have problems:  Go Rewards and More Rewards have $50 minimum redemptions, Flagship Rewards has an annual fee, and Platinum has no rewards.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
You really can’t go wrong with either of their “starter” cards; Go Rewards or Cash Rewards. I would do both (1 hp). Also, if you have a checking account with them, you should also try for the max CLOC as well. I believe (don’t hold me to it) you can apply for all three with the with the 1 hp. Talk to the rep to make sure since you have so many inquiries. It’s my understanding they aren’t too sensitive since they pull for everything!!! 🤣 Good Luck!!!

This will be 2 HPs NFCU pulls TU for CC and EQ CLOC...It is my understanding they will only give 1 card at a time but you are pretty much a shoe in for a 2nd card with a higher limit after 91/3.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.