Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU credit card statement

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

NFCU credit card statement

I wanted to pay my CC balance online and can't as my external account has not been set up yet, plus with NFCU I believe they are only letting one do transfer's from NFCU to an external bank account and not the other way around. So, since I can't pay my cc online as of now as my checking account with NFCU hasn't been set up yet either. My question is this........

Will NFCU send a statement so I can mail a check in or do I have to go to a branch and pay it in person?

Also, my balance is 700 and I always PIF with everything, so when they generate the statement of my balance is that what is reported to the CRA's or if I PIF at the minute I receive the statement will it report a 0 balance? The old statement end date is 4/12/11 with a 0 balance as the card was opened beginning of March so this will be my first actual statement and needed to know how it will report.

If you're confused by all my endless banter I apologize in advance! Thanks for any feedback!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU credit card statement

the balance on your statement is what gets reported.

You can set them up in your other banks bill pay, you don't have to mail a check... bill pay will do it electronically usually in 2 days

Message 2 of 6
bbb925
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

the balance on your statement is what gets reported.

You can set them up in your other banks bill pay, you don't have to mail a check... bill pay will do it electronically usually in 2 days

I thought that too but with my bank BBVA Compass when I log on it only shows certain companies you can pay and NFCU wasn't one of them. Maybe I did something wrong. IDK.....

Message 3 of 6
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I was able to add it, just figured it out! But I guess it won't be able to be credited until tomorrow. Bummer, now I will have a balance on my CR.  Is it going to look bad if I owe 700 and my credit limit is 8500.? It's a Cash Rewards card and I want to run more stuff through it and PIF but obviously this month will report a balance....will that still be ok score wise?

Message 4 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@bbb925 wrote:

I was able to add it, just figured it out! But I guess it won't be able to be credited until tomorrow. Bummer, now I will have a balance on my CR.  Is it going to look bad if I owe 700 and my credit limit is 8500.? It's a Cash Rewards card and I want to run more stuff through it and PIF but obviously this month will report a balance....will that still be ok score wise?

That is a utilization of 8% which is very good. I wouldn't worry about it. Scoring has no memory from month to month. If you get that balance down on next month's statement that is what will be used for calculating utilization.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 6
bbb925
Regular Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@bbb925 wrote:

That is a utilization of 8% which is very good. I wouldn't worry about it. Scoring has no memory from month to month. If you get that balance down on next month's statement that is what will be used for calculating utilization.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Great! Thank you!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.