cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - do I really need to wait 6 months?

tag
McArthur
Regular Contributor

Re: I went to the well once before six months and was approve...

@electra wrote:

Well, after reading a bunch of threads about people getting CLI's prior to 6 months I did it!!   I tried online and got a message that there was something preventing processing and to call in.  I got a very nice CSR who offered to enter it himself.  He thought the message was bc I hadn't had the account 6 months. He couldn't really give me a good idea about my chances but I decided..what-the-hey...and did it anyway.  I asked for an increase to $10k.  He said they'd let me know within 24 hours.   Going to be on pins and needles until then. Hope I didn't waste a HP!!  Wish me luck!

How did it go?

Message 11 of 15
electra
Established Contributor

OMG....I got it!!!!       Heart NFCU Heart

It's funny, I never got the text message from them but I logged into my account this morning and there it was...my sparkly new limit of $10k!!   Checked my EQ, no HP but looks like they SP at the beginning of the month.   Don't think they normally hit EX so I didn't check and I can't get in to TU for some reason.  

An interesting side note is that I just found out about yet another report that is available for potential employers, creditors, JDB and the like called The Work Number.  (www.theworknumber.com).   I pulled my report and there are the past 3 companies that I've worked for over the last 20-ish years (MAJOR tech companies) complete with every paycheck, bonus, stock sale, etc from my current company of the last 6 years. Start and end dates....titles, where to send the garnishments.  CREEPY.   Lo and behold there is an inquiry from NFCU on there from when I first joined back in October.  Was wondering why they didn't ask for income verification...now I know.  

Message 12 of 15
electra
Established Contributor

Just got a Credit Monitoring alert....looks like they did TU HP.   I don't really mind though since I got my CLI!  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 15
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@electra wrote:

Just got a Credit Monitoring alert....looks like they did TU HP.   I don't really mind though since I got my CLI!  Smiley Happy

Well worth it!

Congratulations!!

Message 14 of 15
starry1
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Navy is awesome, I can't wait to join up next month.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.