Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU has a local branch for me in Texas

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU has a local branch for me in Texas

I have been very happy with several CU's but was really wanting to use a local one.  Well, I just found out that NFCU, my currently favorite CU, has a branch located within 20 minutes of me.  Smiley Happy    I may very well expand my relationship further with them with that news.  Going to go visit it on Monday and get the lay of the land and the "face to face" experience.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU has a local branch for me in Texas

That's somehow nice of them that they open up a branch just for you! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't it!  I asked for a CC, they give me one with my largest CL.  I ask for a NavCheck with $15k, they give it to me.  Then I ask them where the closest branch is, and it's in my town!  They are batting 1000 so far.  Smiley Very Happy  Tons of ATMs too.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

And apparently anybody can join now.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? What loophole did they open?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

No, that hasn't changed.  There was some question on eligibility from what some of their CSR's were stating or implying on the phone.  The criteria stated on their website is in fact the requirements.

When I joined, I did so over the phone based upon what the CSR's told me.  However, upon receipt of the "Welcome packet" and paperwork that is required to be completed in person and mailed back in, the state eligibility by the CSR's was not accurate.

I ended up gaining eligibility through my father-in-law (active warrant officer) becoming a member, then my wife, which made me eligible.

Basics are:   you must be in the military, retired (paid) or work for a DoD contractor be a first degree relative of a member.

Message 6 of 12
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

TXJOHN, another benefit- have you got a qoute from GEICO using NFCU for an affilation discount? Go to member services- there is a GEICO link there. I recently added my teenage son , and after being an Allstate policy holder for over 20 years I decide to shop around........ I was pleasantly surprised at the GEICO qoute.
Message 7 of 12
ronq
Regular Contributor

Just to add. Best bank I've ever had.
EX. 780 TU 794.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@moondog7324 wrote:
TXJOHN, another benefit- have you got a qoute from GEICO using NFCU for an affilation discount? Go to member services- there is a GEICO link there. I recently added my teenage son , and after being an Allstate policy holder for over 20 years I decide to shop around........ I was pleasantly surprised at the GEICO qoute.

No I haven't looked for a Geico quote.  I have USAA and have been pretty happy.  I had Geico years ago and USAA has been a better experience for me.
Message 9 of 12
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@moondog7324 wrote:

No I haven't looked for a Geico quote.  I have USAA and have been pretty happy.  I had Geico years ago and USAA has been a better experience for me.

My son had Geico and has been using USAA for a few years now. Geico was a little higher he tells me.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.