cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU has only done 1 "Quarterly Review" soft-pull for me in 2 years...

tag
axnjxn
Established Member

NFCU has only done 1 "Quarterly Review" soft-pull for me in 2 years...

I have read so much about the "luv button" for NFCU credit cards and seen many success stories about it. In my research, I learned that you are very likely to get the automatic increase/counter-offer when hitting the luv button if NFCU has already done their quarterly review soft pull. I have read this over and over again about quarterly reviews and soft-pulls but despite having the card nearly 2 years I had never seen this on my EQ report until this month when I saw a NFCU review from 6/30/2015 on my report. I was excited, so I hit the "Luv button" only to be slapped in the face with a 3-5 day review notice. I went ahead with it b/c I started getting insulted with the $1k limit. I make close to 100k a year and maintain a <10% utilization. My FICO is over 730 (so that shouldn't be a problem) and yet I had to request a hard pull CLI in order to get my limit to go from 1k to 7.5k. So I just don't get it.

What do you guys with luv-button success experience with regards to quarterly reviews/soft-pulls? Any ideas on why my CLI would require a hard pull when a soft pull was done only 13 days earlier?

Starting Score(8/15/13): 607
Current Score(5/20/16): 750
Final Goal Score: 800

Firmly in the Garden starting 7/23/2015 until 7/23/2017
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU has never done a "Quarterly Review" soft-pull for me

is your report frozen or locked?
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU has only done 1 "Quarterly Review" soft-pull for me in 2 years...

also, check some info here too. obviously if they aren't pulling your report then it won't help, but among making the call maybe you could ask why they don't pull.
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/nfcu-auto-CLI/m-p/4131687
Message 3 of 16
axnjxn
Established Member

Re: NFCU has never done a "Quarterly Review" soft-pull for me

Not at all. I have great standing with them and was able to get the CLI after a hard pull. I had to ammend my first post b/c I did notice that an AR (my very first ever) was performed on 6/30/2015. I just don't get why I have such little success with the Luv Button...

EDIT: Thanks for posting the link to that other thread. I'll give them a call today and make sure the Auto-Increase is turned on. Still not sure why I'm only seeing 1 AR in over 20 months of membership...

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

what message pops up when you try it
Message 5 of 16
axnjxn
Established Member

I always get the 3-5 day notice (3 times now) and I call to cancel so I don't get the hard pull. I'm going to try calling them about the auto-increases (from the thread you linked in your last post). Maybe that's why I never get any love from the Luv button...

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

those aren't directly related i don't think but idk. whenever i tried for auto luv in may i got denied, called this month and got them to check the box, got off the phone and did it on my phone and went from $1k to $5k and my scores are in the 660s and income is 1/3 yours lol
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

idk i have seen people on here have 640s score, low income and get $10k. i don't get it. AT ALL lol.
Message 8 of 16
axnjxn
Established Member

Lol, I know it man. Every time I read another success post in the "Official NFCU CLI" thread I find myself scratching my head wondering where I went wrong lol.

Message 9 of 16
axnjxn
Established Member

Well, I called and had them activate the auto-CLI. The CSR in the credit card department said that they don't actually do a monthly AR if that box isn't checked. I knew there was something wierd going on only having 1 AR in 20+ months.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.