Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU - just a little caution

tag
CraveMazda
Contributor

NFCU - just a little caution

HI All. I've been reading about how great NFCU is and how they are BK friendly. Well I was just declined Smiley Sad for a nRewards card. I've been a member since 1977 (folks opend the account for me) anyway I am trying to rebuild credit and at the time that I applied by EQ was 604. Granted I still have baddies I need to clean up but I was reading how great they were and understanding I figured I'd pull the trigger. In retrospect I wish I had just waited until April when by BK drops off. Just a little word of caution for those who are feeling hopeful and want to tempt fate...

Anyway it was a blow for me. I am so sad Smiley Sad I try and try but still have so much to do.

2/17 TU 616 EQ 570 EZ 648

2/19 TU 616 EQ 605

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU - just a little caution

I'm sorry to hear about your denial. Smiley Sad

But, it sounds like you're due for a big boost when your BK falls off in April. And, if you can make some headway with your other baddies in that time, you'll probably be in prime position for a good credit line with NFCU.

Message 2 of 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: NFCU - just a little caution

Sorry to hear about it Crave. However, the silver lining is that in a couple months you should be able to get approved once the BK drops off.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.