Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU lowered APR on CC's!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU lowered APR on CC's!

Logged into NFCU to see a lower APR on my CR card.  The Platinum in now advertised at 7.99%.  Not sure when they changed their APR's but this was a nice surprise to see! 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU lowered APR on CC's!

The prime rate went down .25% which dropped their APRs as well. 

I am happy that my Plat is back to 7.99%!

Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy i assume the redux was just the rate drop from the Fed and not customer initiated?
Message 3 of 5
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

As others have said, the rates all went down by 0.25% because of the Prime Rate reduction of the same amount in early August. It takes banks and credit unions longer to adjust their lending rates down.

PenFed Gold is now at 8.99% down from 9.24% etc. etc. etc. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I thought I was in the garden, but I have long been contemplating a lowest rate card for the lineup, and the BT could come in handy for some debt I'm clearing.

Pulled the trigger on the NFCU Platinum - instant approval $25k @ 7.99%. I almost fell over!

Pulled TU @ 670, which is reflective of this latest inquiry and is my only one (I pulled my scores after the fact), 25% total utilization across three (out of five) cards that are 51%, 33%, and 1% individually (with my existing NFCU being the 33% one, which surprised me . . here I was worried my usage had spooked them!)

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.