Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU membership

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU membership

@nothingman02 wrote:

usmc, you keep fussing while staying on your tangent and yet at the same time agree that things could have changed.

And thats my whole point. Not what you deem the eligibility criteria to be which is not at all important but  rather, waht the current NFCU eligibility criteria is and that that eligibility criteria could have been extended to more people!

You dont know if the criteria has been extended and you agree that things always change and it might be so that more people are eligible now and yet you adamantly argue that things have not changed and are sticking to the past eligibility criteria. Again, are you sure? On what basis can you so vehemently argue that the NFCU eligibility criteria is only what you have been stating and nothing beyond that? Ignore the NFCU website for its quite likely that its not been updated.

Like I said, many many folks out there that have joined and obtained CCs and loans from NFCU without a problem by joining through sponsors who have never been members of NFCU and who had retired, deceased etc etc.  

I am arguing based on what is currently on their website, my experiences with them in the past extending member ship to my family and extended family members.

We are talking about now and now is pretty much explained  on the website, you are right there could easily  be Zombie eligibility for the dead extended tomorrow.

By the way I rarely put my faith in anonymous website postings- People are not prone to coming back and admitting failure.

you want a dead, but retired, never a member father to be enough to sponsor you.

i would say you have a better chance to pay someone to sponsor you and change an address on a credit card to prove residence and household member eligibility

Why is the Monty Python Dead Parrot skit going through my mind?

Message 21 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@nothingman02 wrote:

Ignore the NFCU website for its quite likely that its not been updated.

Wrong! The changes to the membership field occurred some time ago now, were well publicized and the website has been updated!

Message 22 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

you want a dead, but retired, never a member father to be enough to sponsor you.

That would sound a lot better if it read a formerly retired, but now deceased, never a member father...

@Anonymous wrote:

i would say you have a better chance to pay someone to sponsor you and change an address on a credit card to prove residence and household member eligibility

You did give him the answer key to the exam!

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nothingman02 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you know something has not changed? It could change, It HAS changed- when I first entered the USMC there was a very true limit that you could only be a member if you were stationed at a base where there was a branch- that has since changed .......

usmc, you keep fussing while staying on your tangent and yet at the same time agree that things could have changed.

And thats my whole point. Not what you deem the eligibility criteria to be which is not at all important but  rather, waht the current NFCU eligibility criteria is and that that eligibility criteria could have been extended to more people!

You dont know if the criteria has been extended and you agree that things always change and it might be so that more people are eligible now and yet you adamantly argue that things have not changed and are sticking to the past eligibility criteria. Again, are you sure? On what basis can you so vehemently argue that the NFCU eligibility criteria is only what you have been stating and nothing beyond that? Ignore the NFCU website for its quite likely that its not been updated.

Like I said, many many folks out there that have joined and obtained CCs and loans from NFCU without a problem by joining through sponsors who have never been members of NFCU and who had retired, deceased etc etc.  

Why don't you just call them, explain your exact situation and ask to become a member.  When they decline you then you can pretend like it never happened, if they accept you then you can come back and brag.  They, ultimately, are going to be the only ones who can ever tell you whether you meet their eligibility requirements (published or otherwise).  Personally I don't think you will but the only people who can tell you for sure are the applications department at NFCU

Message 24 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I think I said exactly that in very unambiguous language a little while ago.
Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That would sound a lot better if it read a formerly retired, but now deceased, never a member father... I think conceptually being formerly retired involves going back to work, not the "ex parrot type of life change."

@Anonymous wrote:

You did give him the answer key to the exam!

Yep

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I said exactly that in very unambiguous language a little while ago.

um, sorry? I didn't mean to repeat you if that bothers you.. more was just reiterating the point but still, if that is offensive in some way then I apologise.

Message 27 of 30
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

That would sound a lot better if it read a formerly retired, but now deceased, never a member father...

You like that better?

Message 28 of 30
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Why did it stop? I was sitting back and enjoying the comedy...cmon creditwherecredits...keep it going...you know you are capable....Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 30
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Can the members posting here step back and take a deep breath?

OP had a reasonable question, as he is getting conflicting responses from employees of Navy FCU. And there have been posts here (granted, unauthenticated) saying that some have gained membership in a manner that isn't described on the website, so it made sense to throw the question out for discussion.

But all this endless ya-ya-ya garbage is ridiculous. OK, maybe some things could have been more clearly expressed, but I think most people got the idea. And griping because someone agrees with you??

I think at this point OP's original question has been more than answered, so this thread is now officially retired. Or deceased, as it were.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.