Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU question

tag
ramjam25
Established Member

NFCU question

Hi Everyone! So i've been watching and reading and learning for a while. WELL after seeing so many good things about NFCU (i remembered I had my savings and checking with them from when i was in the navy (for basic training)... i logged in my bank account is $-30 so I asked them how I can take care of that havent heard anything yet.

BUT i figured Iwould apply for a card and hopefully be able to transfer my first premier and orchard and close those cards because they are horrible. WELL this morning I got my text message/email from them telling me I was approved and that my card would arrive in 7-10 days. Is there any way for me to find out how much I was approved for? What is the lowest anyone has been approved for? My scores aren't very good.

Current lines: Chase Freedom $500 l Walmart Store $600 l Orchard bank $320 l First Premier $300 l First Premier (2) $300 l Capital One Secured $320 l Fingerhut Store $700 l Kay Jewelers $1200 l Navy Federal Visa Signature $6000

Starting Score: 7/12: EFX: 581 EXP: 611
Current Score: EFX: 609
Goal Score: 650 by end of the year

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU question

CONGRATS! You can call them at 1-888-842-6328  and ask them to give you your CL and APR. I was approved with an initial CL of $1000 but I called them and requested $7000 and was approved within an hour. My EQ score was 667 and my TU was 678. Just call them and they can tell you what they approved you for. Be sure and let us know! Congrats again!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I think they are just awesome... I called their CSR today to ask for an off cycle update. They couldn't do it, but they gave me a form showing my new balance amount. Very friendly customer service. You should sign up for online account management if you haven't done so already, they will send you a welcome package in the mail with your activation codes... I was actually able to get online faster, because their customer service called me up and gave me all of the information over the phone. Very friendly and easy to work with. The fact that they will let you update that negative balance and not hold it against you is a testament to how well they treat their customers... Please keep us updated when you find out your CL Smiley Happy

Congrats! Welcome back to the NFCU family!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 14
ramjam25
Established Member

Thank you so much for the fast reply! I called them and I was approved for $5k!!! However a 17.94% interest rate! Oh well I can get rid of horrible first premier and orchard bank!

Current lines: Chase Freedom $500 l Walmart Store $600 l Orchard bank $320 l First Premier $300 l First Premier (2) $300 l Capital One Secured $320 l Fingerhut Store $700 l Kay Jewelers $1200 l Navy Federal Visa Signature $6000

Message 4 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hey I just noticed that you already have online access.  To take care of your negative balance, you can download the iphone app and deposit a check through your iphone, or you can set up an external account online, and initiate an external account funds transfer which would bring your account back to the positive status, as long as you transfer enough to cover the negative balance.   You can also mail in a deposit to NFCU at their mailing address.

There are several ways to take care of this.

If you decide to go back to NFCU with your checking or savings, you should look into applying for NavCheck, which would cover you in case you accidentally overdraft in the future.  There are also other overdraft protection services available... Actually 3 choices if I remember correctly.

Good Luck!

FICO 9:

Message 5 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the CL! Very nice...   which card did you apply for?

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 14
ramjam25
Established Member

I think it was the Visa Signature, I forgot to ask her! But it makes sense because it says its a $5k minimum! This is my first card that has a higher limit, the other higher one is my walmart store card which is only $600! But I am going to use this to help get my score up and not mess up again!

Message 7 of 14
bbrannan
Regular Contributor

Great CL! Congrats on a great card!

Cards: AMEX Zync NPSL, AMEX BCE, NFCU LOC $15K, NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards $14K, NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $14K, USAA Platinum M/C $3.5K, USAA AMEX $2K, Capital One Cash Rewards $3.5K, WalMart $10K, Lowes $10K, Home Depot $8250, Amazon $4K, Discover IT $1K

Starting Score: EX: 570 EQ: 520 TU 602
Current Score: AMEX EX:717 MyFico EQ 688 Walmart TU 749 MyFico TU 740
Goal Score: 750+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The Flagship card is a nice card, I've been thinking of doing a PC to that card, if my travel needs ever changes.  Most of my current travel is domestic, however, the company I work for is Canadian, and I could see possibly having to travel back and forth from US and Canada in the future...  No FTFs is definately nice

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 14
ramjam25
Established Member

Thank you all! I'm so excited, I hope this helps me get on my way to a great credit score!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.