Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU reported balance before statement close

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU reported balance before statement close

to address the TU issue.  DW and I both recieved CLI's withing the last 10 days.  There were SP's on TU only.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 21 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

So does vantage score 4, I did speak with them again, just to see if back office gave a generic answer to give about this, they said they are still getting complaints and have been informed that the back office is aware of the situation, and that the back office in charge of credit card lending is in Pensacola Florida which was hit by the hurricane so they are super swamped right now and on low staff, but that they are not commenting on what occurred at this time just that it's definitely not in the norm, and that it was not manually reported that it was sent by the system 

Message 22 of 74
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I can easily switch all my spending to discover which has cash back match so 2% I'm not putting consistent spend on a card that can report potentially a high utilization and tank my score at any time with 0 notice, it wasn't also a threat I just explained that I would be apprehensive to primarily spend on the card if it will be randomly reporting

Unless you're in the middle of a mortgage application, why does the sudden score drop matter so much? It would be fixed the next month anyway, as FICO has no memory (for now).

As far as the topic at hand, I haven't had any issues with transactions/payments posting. Can't comment on the early reporting, as my new secured card hasn't even reported to the bureaus yet.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 23 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because vantage 4 and FICO 10 include utilization memory

Message 24 of 74
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

But no lenders use those right now (other than Sync with VS 4.0) and probably won't for years. Plus we still don't know all the details of how that trended data stuff works.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 25 of 74
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My NFCU Cash rewards card closes every 4th of the month. My last statement balance is 0. So my next statement is to close 10/4.

I normally make some purchases like bills, groceries etc on my credit cards but then pay it off in entirety by the due date. So right now my balance is $1560 but was about to pay that off next week before the due date (10/1) in order to have my statement balance report out $0 again.

However I checked experian this morning and it's showing my card balance says $1560?? Even though it's not due yet. This hasn't happened to me before. Will they update my balance again when my statement actually closes, like normal? Or once I pay it can I call them and ask them to report my correct statement balance? I'm in the process of purchasing a new build and i'm trying to keep my report in the best possible condition until close.

Editing to add that this is only on my cash rewards card. My More rewards card has a balance as well but so far it's only showing the actual statement balance from when it closed on 9/18.

That's terrible. I've been with Navy for 4 years and that's never happened to me.  I sure hope it doesn't happen now.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 26 of 74
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

But no lenders use those right now (other than Sync with VS 4.0) and probably won't for years. Plus we still don't know all the details of how that trended data stuff works.

I think people have a hard time understanding what trending data means (to be accurate it is not "utilization memory" it is trending utilization data).

When looking at trends a single data point that is outside of the trending line (i.e. an outlier) is not going to "ruin" the trend. If you want to see how it might look go to excel, plot your balances vs time for 2 years (or make up some numbers) as a xy plot then add a trend line to it. You can then change one number in middle of the number series and see how little it changes the slope of the line.

Message 27 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

You better check your Experian, they reported MANY people's balances September 22nd for some reason

Message 28 of 74
althes
Frequent Contributor

I got dinged hard.

Samething happened to me.

I am also due for a CLI on 10/9/20 so lets see how it rolls out.

Message 29 of 74
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Just out of curiosity, did anyone get any alerts on other cras? I only noticed Experian because that updates daily, my 3b pull isn't scheduled until the 13th of October though. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.