cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU secured cc graduated :D

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

NFCU secured cc graduated :D

Hi forum,

Right before I went on vacation last month, my NFCU secured cc graduated right at 5.5 months. I've charged $50/ month and paid it in full. Before I left, I had PIF (6/20/19). On 6/22/19, I logged into my acct to see if my pmt had posted which it did and I noticed my new CL of $2,000. I was shocked because I thought it would take much longer for my cc to graduate. It took a few more days for my $400 desposit to go back to my savings acct. I'm so happy because now I can apply for the NFCU cash or flagship rewards once my one year of BK passes in October. NFCU also sent me a new CC with the same cc# and expiration. The only difference is that the new card, the cc # is printed on the card (not raised) which I like better because the numbers won't fade over time. To my fellow members with the NFCU nRewards secured, keep PIF and your acct should graduate to an unsecured one.  Thought I share my excitement with you all Smiley Happy

Ch 7 BK DC on 10/17/18
Post BK CS: EX 594, EQ 573, TU 530 (10/17/18)
Current Fico 8 CS: EX 631, EQ 652, TU 643 (4/11/19)

Current Credit cards:
Cap1 QS - 10/2018
Indigo Platinum Unsecured - 11/2018
Blaze Mastercard Unsecured - 11/2018
NFCU nRewards Secured - 1/2019
Ollo Platinum Rewards - 3/2019
Capital 1 Venture One - 4/2019

Product Change:
Cap1 Platinum(10/2018) PC to QS 2/2019

Average Age of Accounts: 3 years 8 months
Age of Oldest Account: 7 years 10 months
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU secured cc graduated :D

Congrats 🎊🎈. Your hard work has paid off.

CARDS: Discover It | QuickSilver One | Open Sky | OverStock
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted

Glad to hear the positive outcome on the graduation OP 👍 Congrats!
Message 3 of 9
Regular Contributor

Congrats ! I think my next card will be with that bank in the future.

Message 4 of 9
Established Member

Congrats on your graduation! I was discharged in October as well. My nfcu is only 4 months old, hopefully I will be announcing my own graduation in a few months. I've read conflicting stories here about a 2nd nfcu card after bk so curious to hear how that turns out for you.
Message 5 of 9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thats awesome OP!! Congrats to you on your quick success with them!! They are awesome to have. Treat them well, and they will do the same!Smiley Happy

Scores held down by umpteen INQ & New accounts
~~~BK7 d/c-08/2013......my rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you.~~
Message 6 of 9
Valued Contributor

Congrats on The unsecured Navy!

Message 7 of 9
Established Contributor

Congrats! 

That is fantastic!!

[Penfed Platinum Rewards 10k][TD Ameritrade-2k][BOA Cash Rewards 22k][NFCU cashRewards 25k][TDcash 5k][IHG 14.2k][BOA 15.8k][Amazon Prime Store 10k][Amazon PrimeVS 500][Amex BCE 6k][WellsFargo CashWise 14k][PNC Core 19.5k][WalmartMC 10k][SearsMC 12.5k][Lowes 35k][Toyota 15k][Capital One 5250][BP 10k][Home Depot 24.2k][Chase FU 6.6k][Discover 22.5k]
- [BOA CR $12.5k][Amex SC+ $13.5k][Amex B4B $35k][Chase Ink $45k][PNC $25k]
Message 8 of 9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Its nrewarding isnt itSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.