Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU sign-up bonus question...

tag
learningtheropesofcredit
Established Member

NFCU sign-up bonus question...

I got the NFCU American Express More Rewards card and had until March 5th to spend $3k to get the 25,000 point sign-up bonus.

On the 4th I spent money and hit the $3k, but it still hasn't posted yet.  Once it posts, will it count, or did it need to post by the 5th to get the sign-up bonus?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: NFCU sign-up bonus question...

This I am not sure of, probably best to call a CSR at Navy, they are open 24/7 365 daysSmiley Happy

Good Luck!

Message 2 of 13
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I would think it counts. It was a charge inside of the 90 day period. 

But to be sure give Navy a ring.

Let us know how it turns out, you might be able to help another member in the same situation.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 3 of 13
Rottweilerlvr
Contributor

@learningtheropesofcredit wrote:

I got the NFCU American Express More Rewards card and had until March 5th to spend $3k to get the 25,000 point sign-up bonus.

On the 4th I spent money and hit the $3k, but it still hasn't posted yet.  Once it posts, will it count, or did it need to post by the 5th to get the sign-up bonus?

So, just curious since you've just gone through this.. Unfortunately, I can't help with your question but I'm curious what you find out..  I was just approved for the AMEX today, and have that same sign up bonus. Does rent count towards the $3000 in 3 months?

Message 4 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Rottweilerlvr wrote:

So, just curious since you've just gone through this.. Unfortunately, I can't help with your question but I'm curious what you find out..  I was just approved for the AMEX today, and have that same sign up bonus. Does rent count towards the $3000 in 3 months?

@Rottweilerlvr, I am pretty sure that all purchases count.

I have met (2) Navy sign up bonuses and never an issue.

Now I get to work on a 3rd sign up bonus.

Unfortunately my Platinum did not have one. 

But the @AllZeroHatTipSmileyAnim.gif balance transfer for a year with no fee's was worth itSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Rottweilerlvr wrote:

@Rottweilerlvr, I am pretty sure that all purchases count.

I have met (2) Navy sign up bonuses and never an issue.

Now I get to work on a 3rd sign up bonus.

Unfortunately my Platinum did not have one. 

But the @AllZeroHatTipSmileyAnim.gif balance transfer for a year with no fee's was worth itSmiley Happyv

wavey_emoticon.gif

Message 6 of 13
fatcomic
Regular Contributor

Just to help anyone else out who might find themselves in this situation, FYI the Platinum balance transfer offer on the NFCU website says good until June 30, 2021.  This is when the promotion runs out to apply for the card, you do not have until June 30, 2021 to make BT with 0% for 12 months.   Ask me how I know Smiley Frustrated.  

The 0% for 12 months BT offer is only valid during the first 30 days of opening the Platinum card.  Day 31 any BT at that point will accrue interest, however you still get a $0 BT fee.   

Message 7 of 13
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@fatcomic wrote:

Just to help anyone else out who might find themselves in this situation, FYI the Platinum balance transfer offer on the NFCU website says good until June 30, 2021.  This is when the promotion runs out to apply for the card, you do not have until June 30, 2021 to make BT with 0% for 12 months.   Ask me how I know Smiley Frustrated.  

The 0% for 12 months BT offer is only valid during the first 30 days of opening the Platinum card.  Day 31 any BT at that point will accrue interest, however you still get a $0 BT fee.   

Unfortunately that can be a common pitfall.  Sorry to hear about that.  On the card's page it does read this near the beginning of the disclosures:

Balance transfer offer: Application must be accepted by 6/30/21. Offer valid for balances transferred from non-Navy Federal credit cards within 30 days of account opening.

Message 8 of 13
learningtheropesofcredit
Established Member

My March 4th spend to meet the SUB posted today, along with my 25,000 points.  So, the answer is yes.  As long as you spend within the time frame, even if it hasn't posted yet, you will get hte SUB.

Message 9 of 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

My March 4th spend to meet the SUB posted today, along with my 25,000 points.  So, the answer is yes.  As long as you spend within the time frame, even if it hasn't posted yet, you will get hte SUB.

Glad you got the SUB. Thanks for sharing the data points.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.