Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU! so nervous about app...

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

NFCU! so nervous about app...

pulled the trigger TODAY finally. Got the "your application is being reviewed and will be processed in 3-5 days message".  OMG. Now I'm on pins and needles. I am in the process of rebuilding. My report is clean only one baddie (collection from two years ago) the rest is perfection, never missed or late on anything. Nice solid scores creeping there way into the 7's. I already have a USAA World Mastercard, but most of my credit is relatively newer. I really, really see myself with the NFCU card then I am off to the garden for sure. So calm me down guys and tell me how long it takes for approval usually??

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU! so nervous about app...

Your scores are 50 points higher than mine, and I was approved with a 5K cash rewards card with them and a 3k Navcheck

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 2 of 11
indecison
Regular Contributor

For me I applied last Friday and was approved on Wednesday after doing an address verification. I had closed on a house on the day I opened my NFCU account and applied for the card. So I had to prove the new house was my address. I was approved for 5K Visa Sig Cash rewards which I feel is pretty dang good considering I have a BK discharged in March of 09. I have since applied for a LOC and had to provide the same information today so I am awaiting the answer on the LOC.

Good luck to you!

Message 3 of 11
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

thank you so much you guys! I am going to relax then (maybe) and wait for my approval Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 4 of 11
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

You should be able to call card services tomorrow and get an answer. You might get surprised and get that text message saying your APPROVED!
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I really doubt you have anything to worry about Smiley LOL

NFCU usually gives that message, and if it has to process over the weekend, it's always nice to have to wait (happened to me....) but was approved.  You may find out sooner but I'd guess you might end up waiting until Tuesday to find out you're getting Kermit (or whatever card you applied for lol).

They won't check EX 99% of the time (if ever) so no worries there either, though I'm sure your EX is reporting similar scores to your EQ and TU.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 11
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I got approved and am posting under a different thread!!!!!! OMG.  But what I want to know is why NFCU takes longer for approvals? Is there some backdoor process they follow. Just interested-as USAA was instant.

Message 7 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

They manually review each app and each app is put before a "panel" for approval.

I base this information from some emails that I have exchanged with NFCU recently.

Congrats on the approval. Was this a secured or unsecured app?

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 8 of 11
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

oh wow, really? That's a good way to do business to see each person as a person and their total financial story instead of just a score. I love NFCU!

@ Madman this was unsecured application. I have not had to do any secured cards whatsoever and my portfolio is growing quite nicely* Smiley Wink 

*thanks to myfico and these forums

Message 9 of 11
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Congrats,

I had to go the other route, secured. However, I will be upping my CL with them in $500 increments every 2 weeks until I get the CL up to $2-3k so that when I graduate, I have a better chance of getting a much higher, unsecured CL.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.