tag
timber
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU still combine Cl?

Smiley Indifferent

Robot Indifferent

Smiley Indifferent

@Happychap wrote:

Ok I heard back and they agreed to move some of my limit as requested. However, it appears such action is not always guaranteed reading the email they sent me below...Smiley Surprised

"Thank you for your message, Your request has been processed as an exception. We have increased your nRewards Visa to $30,000.00 and your Visa Signature Flagship account has been reduced to $20,000.00. Please be advised that future request for such type of transactions can be declined. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know"

I was going to ask to close my Flagship and transfer the limit but I guess I better leave it for now.

This may be my fault ... I did the same thing last year after reading the 500 page NFCU CLI how it works page. I had an nRewards Visa at $35K and applied for a Flagship and was approved for $25K. I moved 30K from my nRewards to the Flagship to make it $55K, then a couple months later requested an increase on the nRewards to $25K and it was approved.

Message 11 of 14
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Hmmm I was thinking of requesting another cli on the flagship later on also😉 I just got a 5k sp on it the other day which is what I transferred to my nrewards card. Not sure if the system would have approved me for more as 5k was all I asked and I got it. I probably wait 6 mths then do it again.
Message 12 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting them to move some limit over. I tried and was told they didn't do that, but I guess line everything else. YMMV...I may try again and see if a different rep can do it.
Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 13 of 14
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:
Congrats on getting them to move some limit over. I tried and was told they didn't do that, but I guess line everything else. YMMV...I may try again and see if a different rep can do it.

Yes, try again. I transferred the limit from my Flagship over to the cashRewards and closed the Flagship.

I asked via secure message and they did it with no problem. This was done two days ago.

Just make sure to redeem any points you may have beforehand.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.