cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU tried to double pull TU and EX

Highlighted
Super Contributor

NFCU tried to double pull TU and EX

I just realized NFCU attempted to pull my EX credit report as well when I applied for the platinum. I had it locked, so it was blocked.

I was approved based on the TransUnion report, but I was quite surprised that they attempted to pull my Experian report.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated Oct 2020, unless otherwise noted.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (Mature/young), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/mature/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record to start.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: NFCU tried to double pull TU and EX

I just applied and was approved for the cashRewards today, only pulled TU for me. Wonder if the Platinum has different UW?
Rebuilding Since 2016
6/5/2019 - Fico 8 Scores - EQ 672 TU 683 EX 674
6/15/2019 - FICO 8 Scores - EQ 682 TU 698 EX 690
8/10/2019 - FICO 8 Scores - EQ 706 TU 705 EQ 689
9/15/2019 - FICO 8 Scores - EQ 710 TU 713 EX 690
6/6/2020 - FICO 8 Scores EQ 717 TU 720 EX 683
Message 2 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

No idea I’ve never heard of this before
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (Mature/young), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record to start.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 3 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Very rarely NFCU will pull EX. If it’s blocked, they will move to TU. That’s likely what happened here. 

Message 4 of 10
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

DW got her platinum on Friday.  They only pulled TU. 

Message 5 of 10
Highlighted
Established Member

I applied August 15th for a Platinum and they pulled EQ only.  15k CL and I live in Virginia.  

NFCU Flagship 25K | NFCU Platinum 22k | Lowe's $12.1k | Disco Chrome $5.5k | Cap 1 QS (AU) $2.75k | CNFA Firestone $2.4k | Amex BCE $2k | Cap 1 Savor One $1k | 14.21% UT
January 2019 | EQ 565 | TU 585 | EX 604
August 2019 | Fico 8 | EQ 772 | TU 754 | EX 706
October 2019 | Fico 8 | EQ 768 | TU 757 | EX 728
Message 6 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Navy FCU has been known to do HP's on two bureau's quite a bit. This is usually because they have reason to suspect that something might only report on one location. Experian is the most common to be included most of the time.

Since your report is locked how did you end up finding out that they hit both?

TU:758 06/19/20 Bank of America--EX: 776 06/10/20 Experian--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 07/02/20
Active:
Bank of America (Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards WM, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One (Quicksilver VSC, Walmart WMC), Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC, Slate VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Discover It C, FedEx Employee Credit Association V, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, HSBC Cash Rewards WMC, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M), UMB Bank Simply Rewards V[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC)
Wishlist: AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Experian alerts you when an inquiry is blocked if you have a lock. It’s one of the features that’s offered with a lock that isn’t with a freeze.

Message 8 of 10
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@zerofire As @Saeren stated, I’m a member of Experian credit works and I have my credit report locked. So it shows up as an alert, although I didn’t notice it until several days later. I had been rather preoccupied.

RIP:

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
Established Contributor

No worries. I was just curious since I have not needed to use locks on my credit reports yet. My credit reports are naturally heavily monitored though so unlikely a unexpected line would show up.

TU:758 06/19/20 Bank of America--EX: 776 06/10/20 Experian--EQ:810 09/25/18 Citi--Gardening since 07/02/20
Active:
Bank of America (Better Balance Rewards M, Cash Rewards WM, Cash Rewards VS), Blispay V, Capital One (Quicksilver VSC, Walmart WMC), Chase(AARP VSC, Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom VSC, Slate VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Discover It C, FedEx Employee Credit Association V, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VS, HSBC Cash Rewards WMC, PenFed Platinum Rewards VSC, Synchrony Bank(PayPal Credit, PayPal 2% Cashback M), UMB Bank Simply Rewards V[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC)
Wishlist: AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, EBates, Marvel, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, PenFed Pathfinder, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards, Wells Fargo Propel
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.