Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU vs AFCU (which is "better")

tag
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

NFCU vs AFCU (which is "better")

My grandfather was a member of the AF and as such even talked to me about joining the AFCU, however, I always see NFCU instead on here.. Is there a reason? Should I be using NFCU instead?

If this is the wrong location, I will understand if it is moved.

This is more for general not just CC I suppose, as a Car is possible in a few years as well as maybe CC

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU vs AFCU (which is "better")

Did your grandfather retire from the AF? If so hit NFCU they are simply awesome!

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 2 of 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

If he retired, NFCU hands down.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think, though I could be mistaken that the OP is asking about the Navy Federal Credit Union vs. the Air Force Credit Union.  Angel, there is no such thing as the Air Force Credit Union.  All members of the military and most family members are eligible to join the NFCU.  It's not just for members of the Navy

Message 4 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think, though I could be mistaken that the OP is asking about the Navy Federal Credit Union vs. the Air Force Credit Union.  Angel, there is no such thing as the Air Force Credit Union.  All members of the military and most family members are eligible to join the NFCU.  It's not just for members of the Navy

I think it's Andrews Federal CU which as I understand it caters to military and overseas in continental Europe.  Or I suppose it could be Aerospace FCU too according to Google or others (so many CU's, too few acronyms).

@I'm a big proponent of joining multiple CU's, never know which one is going to have the product you need at some instant in time... @OP: NFCU is pretty legendary around here for a number of reasons and we don't get that much discussion around Andrews (it is much smaller I think), in your spot I'd simply do both as there's no harm in doing so, and possibly non-trivial upside.

ETA: yeah, might be better in General or Personal Finance but for now leaving it.

        
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's Andrews Federal CU which as I understand it caters to military and overseas in continental Europe.

@I'm a big proponent of joining multiple CU's, never know which one is going to have the product you need at some instant in time... @OP: NFCU is pretty legendary around here for a number of reasons and we don't get that much discussion around Andrews (it is much smaller I think), in your spot I'd simply do both as there's no harm in doing so, and possibly non-trivial upside.

ETA: yeah, might be better in General or Personal Finance but for now leaving it.

Oh right, I forgot about Andrews.  Stupid me as the base isn't that far from me.  But you're right it is much smaller and not talked about much even in Maryland

Message 6 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it's Andrews Federal CU which as I understand it caters to military and overseas in continental Europe.

Oh right, I forgot about Andrews.  Stupid me as the base isn't that far from me.  But you're right it is much smaller and not talked about much even in Maryland

https://www.airforcefcu.com/

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good find.  Never heard of them

Message 8 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good find.  Never heard of them

#Google Smiley Very Happy 

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who asked you

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.