cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ANNUAL FEE Cards For My Credit Scores.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NO ANNUAL FEE Cards For My Credit Scores.

Good Evening ...

I am looking for some good NO ANNUAL FEE cards that I can apply for that I should get approved for on first try. My Scores Are (697 TU,678 EX & 690 EQ) 

I Know Nothing Is Guaranteed But If You Guys Can Give Me Some Good Suggestions That I Might Be Able To Be Approved For With My Scores I Would Appreciate That.

Thank You & Have A Good Evening Everyone.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: NO ANNUAL FEE Cards For My Credit Scores.

Need more info. Existing cards, utilization, debt to income, when  they were opened, how long you've had credit, etc. Lenders are sensitive to different things. Some lenders are ok with high utilization, some won't give you a card if you just opened one less than 6 months ago. 

Message 2 of 10
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One QuickSilver.

Usually has 0% and SUB offers.

1.5% cash back, no FTF, no AF.

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 10
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Cap One QuickSilver.

GL!

Is Capital One still hitting all 3 bureaus? That would make them tough for me to recommend to anyone, especially as their cards are not any more special than other lenders.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Cap One QuickSilver.

GL!

Is Capital One still hitting all 3 bureaus? That would make them tough for me to recommend to anyone, especially as their cards are not any more special than other lenders.

Yep! 

Message 5 of 10
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Evening ...

I am looking for some good NO ANNUAL FEE cards that I can apply for that I should get approved for on first try. My Scores Are (697 TU,678 EX & 690 EQ) 

I Know Nothing Is Guaranteed But If You Guys Can Give Me Some Good Suggestions That I Might Be Able To Be Approved For With My Scores I Would Appreciate That.

There are a lot of factors. As Brian suggested, it would help us greatly if you could give us more information about your credit profile. You may even want to look into a secured card (Discover it Secured, for example).

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

@Shooting-For-800 wrote:

Cap One QuickSilver.

GL!

One thing that people don't mention as often is Cap One is much easier to get cards with especially with people on the border of excellent credit like OP (high 600's but not quite at low 700ish). Chase, Citi, BofA, etc. lean towards the conservative side plus with all that is going on standards are being raised as to aquiring credit lines.  That doesn't mean the likes of Chase, Citi, etc. don't ever approve people on the border.

Message 7 of 10
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good Evening ...

Take a look at Credit Union CCs also Discover too, even AMEX. I got mine with lower score than you.

There are many cards at your score lvl.

Message 8 of 10
notmyrealname23
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

One thing that people don't mention as often is Cap One is much easier to get cards with especially with people on the border of excellent credit like OP (high 600's but not quite at low 700ish). Chase, Citi, BofA, etc. lean towards the conservative side plus with all that is going on standards are being raised as to aquiring credit lines.  That doesn't mean the likes of Chase, Citi, etc. don't ever approve people on the border.

Can confirm that Capital One is more loose, I ended up with a Venture card last year with my scores on the wrong side of 700 (pretty close to OP's), within 6 months of Ch. 13 discharge. I've also gotten to product change a bucketed Platinum that was my first non-secured card post-BK into a Quicksilver this some time ago. BofA and Citi have laughed and said "no wai, loser" when I applied, and I'm LOL/24 at the moment so Chase isn't an option (not to mention that they don't take people with active Ch. 13s on their credit record).

Yeah, Capital One isn't perfect but if you're not sporting 700+ on your FICO they're a reasonable option.

First Tech FCU Choice Rewards World MC 35k | AMEX Hilton Aspire 17.5k | Chase Southwest Priority Visa 15.5k | AMEX Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant 15k | Bilt Rewards MC 14k | Capital One Venture X 13k | Fidelity VISA Signature 11.5k | Citi AA Platinum Select 11.9k | Charles Schwab AMEX Platinum NPSL | Amex Platinum (I know) NPSL | Amex Gold NPSL | Citi Premier 8.9k | Chase Fredom Unlimited 9k | SoFi MC World Elite 8k | Capital One SavorOne 7.5k | PayPal Synchrony MC 6.4k | Citi Custom Cash 6.9k | DiscoverIt Cashback 5k | Amazon/Synchrony 5k | Hotels.com 5k | AMEX Delta Gold 3k | Apple Card 3k | Target 800 | Ch 13 filed 12/13 discharged as paid 1/19
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try prequalifications.

Plenty of no AF cards. 
i belive there is a thread with all the links to prequalifications

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.