Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO PC from Amex

tag
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

NO PC from Amex

Amex chat told me that I couldn't PC my Everyday Cash to Everyday.  They said the only way to get a different card was to apply for it.

Only option would be to upgrade to a Everday Cash Preferred.

Sounds like maybe either they were not wanting to play ball or maybe the CSR didn't understand what I was requesting.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NO PC from Amex

As far as I know, you can’t PC to/from different rewards groups. In other words, CB earning cards can’t be PCed to MR earning cards.
Message 2 of 7
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

yes, just chatted again and they told me

hate to apply for new card and have them split my exposure like they've been doing with others

Message 3 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Cmikul wrote:

Amex chat told me that I couldn't PC my Everyday Cash to Everyday.  They said the only way to get a different card was to apply for it.

Only option would be to upgrade to a Everday Cash Preferred.

Sounds like maybe either they were not wanting to play ball or maybe the CSR didn't understand what I was requesting.

The chat rep was right... Amex isn't able to do a PC from a cash rewards card (BCE, BCP) to a MR earning card (ED, EDP).

The same goes for their co-brand cards... you can PC to a higher or lower level (i.e. Delta Blue to Delta Gold), but you can't PC to a different rewards type (no Delta to Marriott or Hilton to MR).

Message 4 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

What is your limit on the Blue Cash Everyday card?

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 7
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

As others mentioned, no comixing your PCs between cash, MR, or cobrands.

Given your BCE, your other option would be to downgrade to the Cash Magnet card, which is also considered in the Blue Cash family. 

Message 6 of 7
jetsfan2013
Frequent Contributor

Do you use the Everyday Cash as your daily driver? 

Road to rebuilding starts soon
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.