Did you mean: 

NRA Rewards CC 5% cashback gas/5% cash back sporting good

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: NRA Rewards CC 5% cashback gas/5% cash back sporting good

@morgacj2004 wrote:
Is FNBO BK friendly?

If you have a healthy profile SINCE the BK, I believe they keep an open mind.  I was 4 years post BK7 when they appoved me for for the NRA Platinum.  It was only $1,000, but its grown to $5,500 in two years through auto CLIs.  At the time, I think I had three or four new cards that year before they approved me, but two were SP SCT cards.

But as someone else mentioned, I believe they do a manual review of virtually all applications.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 31 of 42
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@jewdln wrote:

GUESS THIS MEANS DENIED!?!?!?!?

If this FNBO card is like other FNBO cc applications, you should in theory be able to check the status using their "View Application Status" page, which can have your results in as few as hours after your app.  Not sure if there are any special caveats for this card though -- the link to the FNBO page is listed below, FYI Smiley Happy

https://www.firstnational.com/ConsumerWeb/default/cardservices/application-status/show-form

Message 32 of 42
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Will FNBO do a PC to the NRA Rewards from the NRA Platinum?

(Yes, I sent a SM asking them, but they are usually 48 hours to respond, and I'm curious NOW.  lol)

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Message 33 of 42
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Dalmus wrote:

Will FNBO do a PC to the NRA Rewards from the NRA Platinum?

(Yes, I sent a SM asking them, but they are usually 48 hours to respond, and I'm curious NOW.  lol)

And the answer is... NO.  "We are unable to convert existing accounts to new products."

Ahh well.

Message 34 of 42
digitek
Established Contributor

Not sure if this counts as a thread necro, but just wanted to report that I logged in to pay my bill the first time and noticed the option to design your own card so I spent a few minutes messing around with it and at the end I hit "Save" or something of the sort and the mini-app kind of closed itself out.  I didn't think much of it.

Well I just got my new card in the mail today with my custom design on it.  It looks great.  The app to make the card was really simple and easy to use.  They didn't charge me for it.  It was so easy that I kind of did it on accident and finished and ordered it without even knowing.

For anyone wondering my design was this exploded diagram of an H&K 45 Compact, turned sideways to fit the card:

Message 35 of 42
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

@digitek wrote:

Not sure if this counts as a thread necro, but just wanted to report that I logged in to pay my bill the first time and noticed the option to design your own card so I spent a few minutes messing around with it and at the end I hit "Save" or something of the sort and the mini-app kind of closed itself out.  I didn't think much of it.

Well I just got my new card in the mail today with my custom design on it.  It looks great.  The app to make the card was really simple and easy to use.  They didn't charge me for it.  It was so easy that I kind of did it on accident and finished and ordered it without even knowing.

For anyone wondering my design was this exploded diagram of an H&K 45 Compact, turned sideways to fit the card:

Brilliant idea for a custom design card!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just approved. This is aweome to add to my portfolio. I spend at least 2k a year at REI just on clothing and stuff alone (coded as sporting goods) and BoA Cash Rewards to be sent into earlier retirement in sock drawer resort.

Message 37 of 42
jewdln

Meant to post back and report....

Approved for $9200.00

Odd number but I will take it. We live/travel in a 40' motorhome and use ALOT of diesel. 5% back will be welcome!

Plus if I buy at Pilot/Flying J, I get an additional 5% by swiping my free member card. WINNING!

Fico Score Via Mtg Lender for (VA) house purchase as of 7/1/14
Equifax 700, Experian 725, Trans Union 720
Chapter 7 BK discharged March 2012
Barclay Rewards $12.5K, Capital One $1.5K ,Ally $2500, AmEx $11K, B of A $2K, Barclay Cask Fwd $1.5K, Sears Citi #7K, PenFed $8K, Amazon $500, Walmart $500, Fingerhut $500
Message 38 of 42
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I went ahead and threw my hat in the ring.

lets see if they give me approval number 4

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 39 of 42
dlister70
Frequent Contributor

I applied today, and it said I was approved and would receive my card in 7-10 business days.

It did not say what my limit was though, and I didn't see a way to look it up.  I tried the link farther up in this thread for checking application status on FNBO cards, but it didn't find me (although I tried just a few minutes after applying, so maybe I need to wait until tomorrow or something).

I already had a 4% gas card, so the extra 1% on gas was a minor bonus.. but I do buy a lot in the sporting goods category, so I figured the combination of those two rewards was a nice card for me.

We'll see what the limit turns out to be when the card gets here, and which score they pulled.

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.