Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa Prequal and I'm in the Garden nearing 6 months. I can do this

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Nasa Prequal and I'm in the Garden nearing 6 months. I can do this

So as the heading states, I've been in the garden for close to 6 months.  Six months left to go.  I've been checking SP's to see where I stand.  First time trying NASA with any success.  Usually it's a flat out thanks but no thanks to me.  I have a verizon preapproval for 8k and now a prequal (no guarantee) for 20k.  I must continue to resist Smiley Happy

Nasa.jpg

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Nasa Prequal and I'm in the Garden nearing 6 months. I can do this

So tempting while gardening...Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

It's the worst credit feeling ever Smiley Happy.  What keeps me going is that if the offer is there now, it'll likely be there in 6 months and may be even sweeter.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

It's the worst credit feeling ever Smiley Happy.  What keeps me going is that if the offer is there now, it'll likely be there in 6 months and may be even sweeter.

I would caution that if you have excess of ~$500K in TCL, NASA FCU will unlikely approve you. That's been the recent theme for anyone with very highTCL. Try if you may, but NASA FCU is one of those similar to First Tech or Langley that needs to be obtained way before TCL gets up there. But, science if you must 😎

Message 4 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

I would caution that if you have excess of ~$500K in TCL, NASA FCU will unlikely approve you. That's been the recent theme for anyone with very highTCL. Try if you may, but NASA FCU is one of those similar to First Tech or Langley that needs to be obtained way before TCL gets up there. But, science if you must 😎

Thanks Finstar.  I'm not taking the bait.  I'm firmly in the garden.  I have bigger fish to fry in six months, namely commercial property investments

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

YMMV

I have been prequalified twice, DH once all were denials so I don't think it's very accurate.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

YMMV

I have been prequalified twice, DH once all were denials so I don't think it's very accurate.

I agree with you and Finstar which is why I captioned it with (no guarantee).  I like the fact that the computer comes back with a proposal.  That gives me a little insight into my profile from the view of a creditor.  In the end, as we all know, nothing is guarenteed.  Some years back, I took NASA up on an offer and was swiftly denied.  I look at is this way that there is always something to be learned.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

YMMV

I agree with you and Finstar which is why I captioned it with (no guarantee).  I like the fact that the computer comes back with a proposal.  That gives me a little insight into my profile from the view of a creditor.  In the end, as we all know, nothing is guarenteed.  Some years back, I took NASA up on an offer and was swiftly denied.  I look at is this way that there is always something to be learned.

When NASA FCU became a major FOTM phenomenon several years ago on just about every known medium, that was the time for getting in with them if imaginary money conquests were the thing. If I didn't have any of their CCs today, then it'd be a futile effort to even try. So, I'll just hang on to it until they kill it 🤓

Message 8 of 18
12njoy
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

YMMV

When NASA FCU became a major FOTM phenomenon several years ago on just about every known medium, that was the time for getting in with them if imaginary money conquests were the thing. If I didn't have any of their CCs today, then it'd be a futile effort to even try. So, I'll just hang on to it until they kill it 🤓

I got my only card with them I believe in 2014.  I tried for a CLI a few years after that and was denied due to existing credit lines.  I knocked my head again and applied for a new card in 2019 and that was a no go too.  I've just kept the 5k card they originally gave me for longevity purposes.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@12njoy wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

YMMV

I got my only card with them I believe in 2014.  I tried for a CLI a few years after that and was denied due to existing credit lines.  I knocked my head again and applied for a new card in 2019 and that was a no go too.  I've just kept the 5k card they originally gave me for longevity purposes.

Right. 

They still use older FICO models and UW is pretty conservative at best. Now, a thinner/newish or typical consumer profile without much of a high risk in their eyes will pretty much be ok. But, any MF member with a slew of accounts and CLs will most certainly be a no-go. Though, it's nice to see you're on their radar when trying them out. I've done the same with the pre-qualification tool for their Star Trek CC, but it's merely lust 🤪 since I know it's a trap!  It's ok to look 👁🫦👁

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.