Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa Prequal and I'm in the Garden nearing 6 months. I can do this

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Nasa Prequal and I'm in the Garden nearing 6 months. I can do this

@FinStar 

Yes my credit score with them has stayed between 735 and 743 for years. I always wondered how that was even possible but now I know Smiley Very Happy

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

When NASA FCU became a major FOTM phenomenon several years ago on just about every known medium, that was the time for getting in with them if imaginary money conquests were the thing. If I didn't have any of their CCs today, then it'd be a futile effort to even try. So, I'll just hang on to it until they kill it 🤓

I originally kept the card just for the $30K limit, but for the last two years their summer bonus, spend $1000, get $100 back (plus the points earned) was another good reason!

Message 12 of 18
markbeiser
Established Contributor

@FinStarSo with my more pedestrian TCL, I'll stand a chance when I get out of the garden, good to know!
I kinda want the Star Trek card just to have it, but I'm a participant in an online community that argues with flat earthers for fun, and anything NASA strongly rustles their jimmies, so I REALLY want a NASA card!🤣

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 13 of 18
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Stay strong💪 ! You CAN do it!🙂

(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023

Message 14 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@markbeiser wrote:

@FinStarSo with my more pedestrian TCL, I'll stand a chance when I get out of the garden, good to know!
I kinda want the Star Trek card just to have it, but I'm a participant in an online community that argues with flat earthers for fun, and anything NASA strongly rustles their jimmies, so I REALLY want a NASA card!🤣

@markbeiser - you definitely have a better chance than most of us, especially with the Star Trek CC. I believe that particular card has an AF, though. But, for die-hard fans and the Star Trek novelty, some are willing to justify it. Several years ago there was a local Star Base in our area but it closed down, unfortunately.

As long as you don't have a slew of new accounts or inquiries, DTI is low, TCL isn't too high, then they can be had. We've seen a sprinkle of NASA FCU approvals in the past year or so. They pull EX btw. 

Defintely keep us posted when/if you decide to go for it🖖

Message 15 of 18
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

So tempting while gardening...Smiley Wink

It's the worst credit feeling ever Smiley Happy.  What keeps me going is that if the offer is there now, it'll likely be there in 6 months and may be even sweeter.

I would caution that if you have excess of ~$500K in TCL, NASA FCU will unlikely approve you. That's been the recent theme for anyone with very highTCL. Try if you may, but NASA FCU is one of those similar to First Tech or Langley that needs to be obtained way before TCL gets up there. But, science if you must 😎

@FinStar 😂😂😂 lol!! "Science if you must"... @12njoy , it will be interesting to see what the results would be! I was declined numerous times for NASA with "only" $400k, lol, but then again I also had BK showing too. 

Message 16 of 18
RootDet
Established Contributor

I have applied for a CC twice, each time shot down for sufficient available credit. It is on my list of credit unions to close. My ONLY desire was the star trek card. without that, the credit union has zero interest to me. 

Message 17 of 18
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@cashorcharge wrote:

So tempting while gardening...Smiley Wink

It's the worst credit feeling ever Smiley Happy.  What keeps me going is that if the offer is there now, it'll likely be there in 6 months and may be even sweeter.

I would caution that if you have excess of ~$500K in TCL, NASA FCU will unlikely approve you. That's been the recent theme for anyone with very highTCL. Try if you may, but NASA FCU is one of those similar to First Tech or Langley that needs to be obtained way before TCL gets up there. But, science if you must 😎

@FinStar 😂😂😂 lol!! "Science if you must"... @12njoy , it will be interesting to see what the results would be! I was declined numerous times for NASA with "only" $400k, lol, but then again I also had BK showing too. 

do it for the culture! 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.