Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa offer

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Nasa offer

Not great, but for those with the card:

You don't have to travel far to get a great offer. We're giving you a cash bonus of $100, just for using your card!*

It's easy to get $100!
Simply use your NASA Federal Platinum Cash Rewards credit card ending in XXXX for purchases between now and August 16, 2020. You could use your card for groceries, restaurant take-out, deliveries, online purchases and more. If your total purchases are $1,500 or more with at least 20 transactions, we'll deposit $100 into your savings account. It can't be easier to get rewarded for your everyday shopping!

The card earns 1.5% anyway, so $100 for $1,500 beats putting it all on a 5% card.  But possibly too much work for me!

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Nasa offer

I didn't even know NASA had a card this is Awesome Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 32
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Got this email today as well 👍

Message 3 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Ha!  I just logged in to post the offer here.  Wondering how targeted it is since it does mention that it's only for the cardholder and account number mentioned in the email?  $122.50 ($100 + 1.5%) for $1500 works out to over 8% cash back, so I'll take advantage.  Twenty $75 Amazon reloads over the next 2 months would do the trick!

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 2.39.19 PM.png

Edit: I have 1600 orphan points left from the last time I used the card a few years ago (NASA is in NO hurry to close unused accounts BTW), so that's an extra $16!

Message 4 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I just remembered that NASA points aren't 1 cent per point.  Cash back is 0.7 cpp and other things like gift cards and charitable contributions are 0.8 cpp.  Scratch all of my math up there; I'm still going to have orphan points!  Smiley Frustrated  It's still 6.66% just counting the $100.

Message 5 of 32
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I just remembered that NASA points aren't 1 cent per point.  Cash back is 0.7 cpp and other things like gift cards and charitable contributions are 0.8 cpp.  Scratch all of my math up there; I'm still going to have orphan points!  Smiley Frustrated  It's still 6.66% just counting the $100.

They used to have a 1.5 redemption rate on hotels but that has gone away.

Many hotel rooms I've scalped that way.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats cool, congrats!

Now if only that generosity it rubs off on NFCU.

Message 7 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I am confused!   On my screen it shows:

For example 1,667 Points = $ 25 Cash Back

Isn't that 1.5cpp which seems a little generous!

ETA:   The terms and conditions make it a little clearer:

Platinum Cash Rewards cardholders earn 1point per each one (1) dollar charged on the member’s credit card. – Points can be redeemed for both Cash Back and Gift Cards. Cash Back will equal 1.5% on all purchases.

So unlike say the Chase Freedom Unlimited, the card earns 1 point per $, but each point is worth 1.5c, whereas the CFU earns 1.5points per $ with cashback value of 1c.

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still a good return on $1500 in a relatively short period of time. 

Message 9 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I am confused!   On my screen it shows:

For example 1,667 Points = $ 25 Cash Back

Isn't that 1.5cpp which seems a little generous!

ETA:   The terms and conditions make it a little clearer:

Platinum Cash Rewards cardholders earn 1point per each one (1) dollar charged on the member’s credit card. – Points can be redeemed for both Cash Back and Gift Cards. Cash Back will equal 1.5% on all purchases.

So unlike say the Chase Freedom Unlimited, the card earns 1 point per $, but each point is worth 1.5c, whereas the CFU earns 1.5points per $ with cashback value of 1c.

Now I'm super confused!  LOL  This is the trouble with enticing spend on a sock-drawered card that never gets used for purchases and is just waiting for the next good BT offer.

So I have the Platinium Advantage Rewards card, not Platinum Cash Rewards!  Oops.  Not only is my earning worse, but my redemption is far worse:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.01.26 PM.png

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.