Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasa offer

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Nasa offer

I totally understand Count Chocula has more street cred in vampire community than I do in math, but why even bother when  you cannot even establish when 1.5% = 1.5% or if 1.5% is more than 1.5%, or less than 1.5%, or if it's even 1.5%

Or it could be 1.5% if you're standing on the left foot while wearing pink polka dotted shirt, but not if you're standing on right foot while wearing same outfit. 

Or, if number of polka dots is used to determine what's the deeper meaning between 1.5% and 1.5% 

Just use your Chase cards, they be closing everyone. 

Message 11 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I totally understand Count Chocula has more street cred in vampire community than I do in math, but why even bother when  you cannot even establish when 1.5% = 1.5% or if 1.5% is more than 1.5%, or less than 1.5%, or if it's even 1.5%

Or it could be 1.5% if you're standing on the left foot while wearing pink polka dotted shirt, but not if you're standing on right foot while wearing same outfit. 

Or, if number of polka dots is used to determine what's the deeper meaning between 1.5% and 1.5% 

Just use your Chase cards, they be closing everyone. 

Well, it seems that the information is all there, but as @K-in-Boston  says, our cards have been S/D for so long we forget a) which card we have and b) how it works.   Plus at least my card has changed from time to time, used to be a tiered 1%/1.5%/2% card

But my offer seems to mildly worthwhile, so maybe I will try to remember to use it  .

Message 12 of 32
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker  Got this email as well...🙂

Message 13 of 32
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I just remembered that NASA points aren't 1 cent per point.  Cash back is 0.7 cpp and other things like gift cards and charitable contributions are 0.8 cpp.  Scratch all of my math up there; I'm still going to have orphan points!  Smiley Frustrated  It's still 6.66% just counting the $100.

😑 Oh.. & and thank you!

Message 14 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I just remembered that NASA points aren't 1 cent per point.  Cash back is 0.7 cpp and other things like gift cards and charitable contributions are 0.8 cpp.  Scratch all of my math up there; I'm still going to have orphan points!  Smiley Frustrated  It's still 6.66% just counting the $100.

I am confused!   On my screen it shows:

For example 1,667 Points = $ 25 Cash Back

Isn't that 1.5cpp which seems a little generous!

ETA:   The terms and conditions make it a little clearer:

Platinum Cash Rewards cardholders earn 1point per each one (1) dollar charged on the member’s credit card. – Points can be redeemed for both Cash Back and Gift Cards. Cash Back will equal 1.5% on all purchases.

So unlike say the Chase Freedom Unlimited, the card earns 1 point per $, but each point is worth 1.5c, whereas the CFU earns 1.5points per $ with cashback value of 1c.

Now I'm super confused!  LOL  This is the trouble with enticing spend on a sock-drawered card that never gets used for purchases and is just waiting for the next good BT offer.

So I have the Platinium Advantage Rewards card, not Platinum Cash Rewards!  Oops.  Not only is my earning worse, but my redemption is far worse:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 9.01.26 PM.png

Since I am taking advantage of the offer, I am looking at the options.   For my card, as stated above, for cashback, each point is worth 1.5c

In particular, 6,500 points are worth $97.50 for cash back.   OR....., I could use  the same 6,500 points to buy a $50 gift card (from several possible stores)    Seems somewhat better to take the cash, buy a gift card and keep the $47.50, but maybe some people don't!

Message 15 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

NASA math.  It doesn't make sense to those of us without advanced mathematics degrees.  😐

Message 16 of 32
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

NASA math.  It doesn't make sense to those of us without advanced mathematics degrees.  😐

Lol Smiley Tongue   ... so which is more advanced? AMEX math or NASA math? 

Inquiring minds want to know. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 17 of 32
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Never mind those other NASA FCU cards. 

I want one of these for the shear coolness factor.  Smiley Wink 

I'd love to see the cashier's double-take when she sees my card from the United Federation of Planets

Plus, it's "only" a $39 AF and pays 3X points on startrek.com purchases,  2X points on gas station purchases and 1X points on all other purchases.  Smiley Indifferent   

Seriously, though, it does have a $300 SUB, no BT fees, and regular APR as low as 11.15% with 8.9% for the life of BTs, so some potential benefits (besides the coolness factor!)

You can be sure that all the guys on "Big Bang Theory" carry one of these!  Smiley LOL

NASA_FCU_StarTrek_05.jpgNASA_FCU_StarTrek_06.jpgNASA_FCU_StarTrek_02.jpgNASA_FCU_StarTrek_03.jpgNASA_FCU_StarTrek_04.jpgNASA_FCU_StarTrek_01.jpg

Big Bang Theory Future: Season 13 Release & Spinoff Info

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 18 of 32
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Anyone actually get the $100 yet, or when NASA says "Reward will be deposited into the Member's saving account by September 30, 2020." do they really mean I might have to wait another month?  Smiley LOL

On the bright side, at least it's going to the share account where I can just transfer it to BOA or NFCU and it won't be a $100 credit applied to the once again sock-drawered card.

Message 19 of 32
sxa001
Valued Contributor

Interesting, I have this card and don't recall seeing this offer, maybe I missed the email.  I don't give the card much love because the earnings just aren't that good (I have the regular awards not the cash back card).  Wish I would have seen this offer though and planned for it, that is pretty good earnings and would have easily hit it. 

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.