cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National City Question - Location Requirement for CC???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National City Question - Location Requirement for CC???

Posted as part of another National City string, but wanted a separate thread since there were no replies.

Are there location requirements to bank (get a CC) with National City?  When I went to their web site and clicked on Credit Cards, it asked me for my zip code to see what banking services were available to me.  The next page returned just their 4 credit cards, but when I click each one to get to the Details page (and I assume to apply), I get a box in the upper right corner that says,

"We're sorry, we don't offer this product in your area.  Please visit your local financial institution for assistance".

Can you only apply directly with them if you live in certain areas????

Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: National City Question - Location Requirement for CC???

I'm guessing that's what they mean.  Did you call to ask if you could apply?

I live in a Nat'l City area and the 4 offers I get are:

1. Nat'l City Visa
2. Travel Rewards Visa
3. Everyday Rewards Visa
4. Scrapbook Rewards Visa

I'm just curious as to whether those are the same 4 that you saw.

Good luck!

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tex it sounds like they have no branches where you live. They are based in St.Louis and probably have no branches in your state.

I did a 25 mile radius search for me, and they don't have a branch in the Dallas/Ft.Worth Metroplex.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I called and applied over the phone, got the "7-10 processing message" so no instant approval for me.  Smiley Sad  TU score is 665 with a 5 year old Ch 13 BK and a few auto loan lates in 2006.
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexCredit wrote:
OK, I called and applied over the phone, got the "7-10 processing message" so no instant approval for me.  Smiley Sad  TU score is 665 with a 5 year old Ch 13 BK and a few auto loan lates in 2006.

Did you just call and apply or did you ask the rep the same question you asked us here?  I'd like to know the answer, since I get the same message about not being available in my area.

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-31-2008 12:39 PM
Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I didn't ask her on the phone.......silly but I didn't ask because I didn't want her to say "OH yea, you're in an area that we don't serve"  :-)  before we complete the app!
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody get the "7-10 day" msg from them and then get approved?  I was reviewing the CB Credit Pulls database as well as reading some threads here and it does not appear they are BK friendly.....we'll see but I unfortunately I highly doubt this will be approved.
Message 8 of 19
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I live in TX.  I called and got an application for a secured card sent to me.  I got a card.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexCredit wrote:
No, I didn't ask her on the phone.......silly but I didn't ask because I didn't want her to say "OH yea, you're in an area that we don't serve"  :-)  before we complete the app!

Ack!  But if you had asked, and it turns out they don't service your area at all, you probably could have saved yourself an inquiry!

Oh well, water under the bridge. Smiley Tongue

Let us know what happens.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.