Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

I coud of sworn this CU was discussed about 3 or so years back and same pre-qual if i am not mistaken and a few people bit only to be declined for can't remember reasons..  Somehow this sounds way to familiar especially with the throw-back visa card and image although looks slightly different now...Wish I could find thread...

edit here is thread... pre-approved = denied for everyone that applied through this forum at least

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Throwback-Visa-8-99/m-p/4655472

Message 21 of 67
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's a trap.

It can be.

I pre-qualified about 6 months ago.

Actually opened an account that night online since they have a branch a couple miles from me.

Figured it was a local CU , pre-qualified, alright !!

Next day got the same phone call others are reporting

Super pleasant, very helpful, asked a bunch of question and said all the right things.... alright !!

Unfortunately that person isn't exactly an underwriter and the prequalify is just that...... pre-qualified.......not pre-approved.

After submitting the app it was denied.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the pre-qual and follow up call as a done deal

They are good for a free EX score every month though.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 22 of 67
JNA1
Valued Contributor

That USAlliance Signature card says 3 point on every dollar for qualifying purchases. If the points = 1 cents, that's a great card!
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 23 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Cmon Team myFico, lets   show a FI how we stampede🐂😁

Every movement needs a leader ... Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

USAlliance Federal Credit Union  - https://www.usalliance.org/pre-qualification

When I looked at this credit union a few months ago it seemed like anyone could join but I could be wrong. 

Looked interesting so I checked it out. It says "Pre-Qualified" but nothing else. I don't want to hit APPLY from here.

Screenshot (4).png

It looks like the desktop is not much better than mobile. 😂 

Message 25 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

They already dealt with one back in 2016. There was only one approval that I saw in that thread. Most MF'ers don't have the EX2 scores to succeed thanks to EX2 being a sensitive **BLeeP!**

Message 26 of 67
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@JNA1 wrote:
That USAlliance Signature card says 3 point on every dollar for qualifying purchases. If the points = 1 cents, that's a great card!

Something tells me it's not.  The rewards program is extremely vague and I can't find any details about the program for that card.  The only thing I can find is the Guide to Benefits and Rewards, which was last updated almost 7 years ago; the rewards program is "detailed" on pages 18 and 19.  Looks like the standard PSCU rewards management that many CUs use, where your points have a variable value depending on what you redeem, so a $2000 MacBook Pro might cost 400,000 points while a $500 hotel stay where there's incentive for the program might be slightly better value at 83,000 points.  (These are pure guesses based on similar CUs; only someone with the card and access to its rewards portal via PSCU would be able to see the exact numbers.)  It does state that cash for points is available, but does not list the conversion rate and that the award is made from PSCU, not USAlliance.

Message 27 of 67
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

I coud of sworn this CU was discussed about 3 or so years back and same pre-qual if i am not mistaken and a few people bit only to be declined for can't remember reasons..  Somehow this sounds way to familiar especially with the throw-back visa card and image although looks slightly different now...Wish I could find thread...

edit here is thread... pre-approved = denied for everyone that applied through this forum at least

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Throwback-Visa-8-99/m-p/4655472

Thank you for the post. I think I only read one approval. I didn't count the denials, which probably was high.

Message 28 of 67
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

They already dealt with one back in 2016. There was only one approval that I saw in that thread. Most MF'ers don't have the EX2 scores to succeed thanks to EX2 being a sensitive **BLeeP!**

Smiley Very Happy  You're not joking.  I just looked and my EX 2 is 746 while EX 8 is 801.  If it turns out I'm wrong and that Visa Signature card's 3x is really 1 cpp I might take it into consideration.

Message 29 of 67
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just finished looking at that thread. I'm going definitely pass on this one. I have 7 inquiries and too many new accounts.

Guyatthebeach 

Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.