Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

tag
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

Re: National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

@Anonymous wrote:

So uhh... US Alliance actually seems pretty good. They called me to ask me if I had any questions they could answer or if they could help me finish my app. The guy was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. They pull Experian and they use EX2. If you have a 740 EX2 you'll get their lowest rate. I'm impressed that he knew specifically what EX2 even was. 

I told him that I am waiting for my BK to fall off before I add any new accounts and he gave me his direct number when I'm ready since he works in new member services anyway. 

I had a similar call from NFCU when I joined in 2018 and I was annoyed because I felt like I was being pressured to open a checking account with them which I didn't want to do at the time but this was not a sales call. I asked questions and got the information I was looking for. I actually think I'm going to add their VISA Signature to my October app plans. 

I'm excited to see what you do with your profile when the BK falls off, I'm  living vicariously through you

I can only imagine how excited YOU are lol

Message 31 of 67
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

Screenshot_20200306-003605_Chrome.jpg

That thread that was linked earlier, I read. Seems like only a small percentage that were pre qualified ended up with approvals.

I read too there WERE denials on the prequalify, I think thats what gave people hope, like the prequalify actually was legitimate because it was denying some ppl?

Idk.

With a billion new accounts and more HPs than toes and fingers they didnt prequalify me for anything.

Message 32 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@omgitsMatt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So uhh... US Alliance actually seems pretty good. They called me to ask me if I had any questions they could answer or if they could help me finish my app. The guy was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable. They pull Experian and they use EX2. If you have a 740 EX2 you'll get their lowest rate. I'm impressed that he knew specifically what EX2 even was. 

I told him that I am waiting for my BK to fall off before I add any new accounts and he gave me his direct number when I'm ready since he works in new member services anyway. 

I had a similar call from NFCU when I joined in 2018 and I was annoyed because I felt like I was being pressured to open a checking account with them which I didn't want to do at the time but this was not a sales call. I asked questions and got the information I was looking for. I actually think I'm going to add their VISA Signature to my October app plans. 

I'm excited to see what you do with your profile when the BK falls off, I'm  living vicariously through you

I can only imagine how excited YOU are lol

Honestly I'm excited to see what my score is after a year of no apps or inquiries but I had such a successful run on apps during my rebuild that there isn't much left in the goals 😂 

Message 33 of 67
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Just for S&Gs I did their pre-qualification, and was pre-qualified for a credit card, car loan and personal loan. My little meter was pointing to the yellow though. (I'd have done a screen shot but it wasn't allowed on my mobile.)  I'm in the garden right now and I wouldn't step out for this however. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 34 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Yes, you have done an excellent job and I have enjoyed watching you grow your profile!

Whats your AoOA? When does the youngin' turn 12? When does the BK drop?
Message 35 of 67
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Cmon Team myFico, lets   show a FI how we stampede🐂😁

I have cards with better rates and rewards than what they offer. I do like the retro Visa design, but that's not enough for a HP.

Guyatthebeach

Lol its not about their rewards! Its about easy approval and  flooding their inbox from all over the US😁

Message 36 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousYes, you have done an excellent job and I have enjoyed watching you grow your profile!

@Anonymous AoOA 10 years, 10/13 was my last account, BK should be off both by July but more likely June. 

Message 37 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousYes, you have done an excellent job and I have enjoyed watching you grow your profile!

@Anonymous AoOA 10 years, 10/13 was my last account, BK should be off both by July but more likely June. 

Oh you're gonna be pretty come October! 2 scorecard reassignments! dirty > clean, then New accounts > No New Accounts! Wow, maybe  3!...That AoOA threshold may be around 10 years, IMHO watch for it!

Message 38 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh you're gonna be pretty come October! 2 scorecard reassignments! dirty > clean, then New accounts > No New Accounts! Wow, maybe  3!...That AoOA threshold may be around 10 years, IMHO watch for it!

So you see why I'm excited Smiley Wink

It will probably be the first and only time I'll see the score with 0/12 accounts and most likely 0/12 inquiries too unless Comenity socks me with one next month when I ask for a CLI on my WS card. I really want to grow that one from $1K but maybe I'll just wait until October to make sure I have an actual clean slate. 

Message 39 of 67
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Same here, did the pre-qual for fun and right on the line of light green/yellow. Thanks but no thanks...

Robot Very Happy

Message 40 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.