Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: National Credit Unions credit card pre qualify

@AnonymousDon't do it, wait!!! lol, no HPs!

Message 41 of 67
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousYes, you have done an excellent job and I have enjoyed watching you grow your profile!

Whats your AoOA? When does the youngin' turn 12? When does the BK drop?

@Anonymous AoOA 10 years, 10/13 was my last account, BK should be off both by July but more likely June. 

Oh you're gonna be pretty come October! 2 scorecard reassignments! dirty > clean, then New accounts > No New Accounts! Wow, maybe  3!...That AoOA threshold may be around 10 years, IMHO watch for it!

So you see why I'm excited Smiley Wink

It will probably be the first and only time I'll see the score with 0/12 accounts and most likely 0/12 inquiries too unless Comenity socks me with one next month when I ask for a CLI on my WS card. I really want to grow that one from $1K but maybe I'll just wait until October to make sure I have an actual clean slate. 

I’d have to hold off that CLI until I saw that credit score peak, even though in the scheme of things it doesn’t mean much. I’m wanting desperately to apply for a NFCU card, but I can’t make myself do it until my scores rebound back to the 750’s where they were before my app spree! 🙈😂
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 42 of 67
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

Unless I'm missing something, all of the verbiage for their rewards card says "3 points per dollar on qualifying purchases", but I can't find what is considered a qualifying purchase...

Message 43 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did a lot of reading on it and I can’t say conclusively but I think it means any that are not cash equivalents like with anything else but I think it applies to any regular purchase. But I’m not going to swear to that.

Message 44 of 67
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

That would be awesome. So, nobody knows the value of the reward points? 

Message 45 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

To be honest I thought that was already established at 1cpp, so when I looked, I wasn’t even looking for that.

I guess that something I’m gonna have to go back and search too, unless someone else has already conclusively found out?

Got a find a way in tho.
Message 46 of 67
Rockysocks
Frequent Contributor

Hey Birdman7,

I just wanted to let you (and everyone else wondering) know that a representative replied with this:

"Thank you for contacting USAlliance Financial.  My name is Tracey and it is my pleasure to assist you today.

The points do apply to *all purchases made with the card.* When it comes to value I know *if you get 2500 points you can get $25 that can be added to your bank account or you can put it towards your credit card bill.* Some of the merchandise you can get doesn't really have the same value as cash back. You have the choice to redeemed your points anyway you want and it is very simple to do so online."

Also, I applied and was denied in an hour lol. They are EXTREMELY picky. My experian report is nice and polished, but they (my assumption) didn't like my higher-than-my-income available credit line.

Message 47 of 67
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

That's a bummer, Rocky. Sorry for your denial! 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 48 of 67
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Rockysocks,

Sorry to hear about your declined. It seems that CU is bad to its old ways.

Guyatthebeach

Message 49 of 67
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most credit unions don't like people who just hit them for credit. If you build a relationship first like throwing some money in their savings at the 3% rate on the first $500, it can go a long way towards getting approvals down the line. 

Message 50 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.