Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nationwide Approval!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nationwide Approval!

I've been debating whether to try for another card the last few days, since finding out my Macys store card isn't going to report a CL, and due to the fact I really want three total cards including a Visa/MC, since my only other approval has been my Discover.

Well, just bit the bullet and went for it tonight after reading through the Nationwide thread (yes that huge 60 page one!) and noticing that they don't seem to like a lot of open revolving credit accounts and my Discover hasn't started reporting yet.

First time ever - instant online approval! Yay!

Not sure who they pulled, and it didn't list CL or APR, but I will update once I recieve my card.

Now no more app'ing until my new cards age, and hopefully I'll be looking good in 12-18 months for a mortgage. Feeling good about starting the year off with nothing, and ending the year with two solid prime cards!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jeannieavc
New Contributor

Re: Nationwide Approval!

Congrats!!  I've been thinking about applying for this too.  Could you post your util, baddies, etc..  Thanx.

Starting Score: 1/25/10 EQ 568, TU 641, EX (FAKO) 580
Current Score: 9/27/10 EQ 692, TU 736, EX (FAKO) 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming they pulled TU, which seems to be the norm, I have no baddies, and no util since only card I have reporting is a 1mo old Macy's store card w/no CL listed.

Two other reporting TL's, both auto loans, one PIF, one Paid As Agreed.

Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!  big fan of Nationwide Bank- generous lender IME Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I applied myself last week and was also approved. They seem to be great and the two times ive spoke with CSR's have been pleasant! Hope your experience is the same!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you know your CL and APR yet?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me 3.5k at 11.24 but i suspect it would have been alot higher had my only current card at orchard bank not be reporting 2 month old info.......... I had a 150 dollar statement on a 300 CL so my util was like 50% when it should have been 8% (left on purpose). I was not happy about that but i can't complain much.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: Just called since I recieved an email saying the card is in the mail, gave me a CL of $7,500 @ 11.24. Not huge, but higher than my other card, so I'm not complaining.

Kinda makes me want to stick my tongue out at Citi and Chase, who both wouldn't approve me even after recon...

Message 8 of 10
USC08
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone got approved with a TU fico score under 690? I got denied when I applied online. It stated "derogatory credit rating"

I called the number in the backdoor thread and confirmed with a CSR that a 690 score was the minimum. I had 660 at the time of applying.
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was 693 when I applied, so not much help for your question.

I did just pull my current reports and Nationwide pulled TU.

On the happy happy side, my Discover just reported, and my TU jumped from 693 to 736!!! EQ jumped from 670 something to 694.

Today is a good day!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.