cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy... Can you talk to decision makers?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Navy... Can you talk to decision makers?

I was told I had to wait for letter before it could be discussed, now that I have the letter, I'm being told that's all you get.  Then I asked for my credit score because last time they sent it to me and this lady told me they don't do that... Well clearly you did before!!

I'm so frustrated with going round and round with people who don't have any power to do stuff but they sure do have their 2 cents to add in!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Navy... Can you talk to decision makers?

What exactly did you ask for and what did they say ?
Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I asked for an unsecured CC.

they said:

1. sufficient credit with other people

2. passed performance with other creditors (I guess that would be my bk from 2007)

I had just paid off a junk of debt, that's why I tried applying again.... I'll just wait a couple more months, think I will be wiping out over 50% of my current balances, then I will try again.

Message 3 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yes. Wait 3 months and ask again. Navy seems to be very liberal. Last week I asked for cli of 10k each on 2 of my cards. They approved 5k cli on each card.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

they said:

2. passed performance with other creditors (I guess that would be my bk from 2007)

I had just paid off a junk of debt, that's why I tried applying again.... I'll just wait a couple more months, think I will be wiping out over 50% of my current balances, then I will try again.

Do you have deposit accounts (checking & savings) with NFCU? If so, are you making regular deposits?

Edited because my fingers are faster than my brain.

Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

they said:

Do you have deposit accounts (checking & savings) with NFCU? If so, are you making regular deposits?

Edited because my fingers are faster than my brain.

I do have accounts but I am currently not putting any money in it because it has daily limits for other banks doing transfer into it... I would have to do like 3 transfers before I could pay any of my bills... and it's all set up automatically at other banks! im tempted though

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

"working" accounts are very important to NFCU. Used to be not so much, but things change.

I would even consider changing your DD to NFCU. Otherwise they really may not work with you even in 3 or 6 months.

Message 7 of 12
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Not sure using the accounts makes any difference. I have $5 in my savings and $25 in my checking and I hardly use them at all. They approved $10K navcheck / 22k MC / 5 K nrewareds visa / 5k Plat Visa, I had been a member only since the usaa - nfcu merger.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Not sure using the accounts makes any difference. I have $5 in my savings and $25 in my checking and I hardly use them at all. They approved $10K navcheck / 22k MC / 5 K nrewareds visa / 5k Plat Visa, I had been a member only since the usaa - nfcu merger.

USAA & Navy Federal CU merger?????

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Well you are not exactly as challenged as the OP

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.