Did you mean: 

Navy FCU Approved!!! OMG!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy FCU Approved!!! OMG!

@butterfly3303 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it?

If you chose the Visa, yes, you can product change. If you chose the Mastercard, then you cannot.

Thank you!

Oh Poo!  I choose the MasterCard! 

Yes, it is!!  I keep checking my account to make sure the approval is still there, I kkep thinking they must have made a mistake  LOL!

I originally applied for the nRewards MC, but then I did a PC for the Flagship Visa Signature.  No problems at all.

Message 11 of 35
butterfly3303
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@butterfly3303 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you chose the Visa, yes, you can product change. If you chose the Mastercard, then you cannot.

Thank you!

Yes, it is!!  I keep checking my account to make sure the approval is still there, I kkep thinking they must have made a mistake  LOL!

I originally applied for the nRewards MC, but then I did a PC for the Flagship Visa Signature.  No problems at all.

Thanks for the info!  Does the Flagship report your credit limit?  Just found out today that the card carries an AF of $18.00.  Smiley Sad  Spoke with customer service and they did told me that  I could not PC from the MasterCard to Visa, I would have to re-apply.

Starting Score: 540
Current Score: 704
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 35
butterfly3303
New Contributor

@butterfly3303 wrote:

First I have thank EVERYONE on this board for the expert adivce.  I have posted my "testimony" in a different post so I won't bore you with the details.

Today I decided to pull the trigger and apply for a Navy credit card and got the typical "We are processing your application..."

So about an hour later I decided to check my account online and under the Application Status it read Approved!  Needless to say, I was very happy UNTIL I clicked on the link and saw this: 

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a goRewards MasterCard credit card. Your new credit line will be $16,000.00. Your APR will be prime plus 13.74%. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days.

I am still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor!  The APR is little high, but I will take it!  This is my highest credit limit EVER!!!!! I have gone back and checked my accounts at least 5 times to make sure they did not make a mistake!  It is so strange, I would always literally dream about having a credit line like this, but now that I have it, I keep thinking "Do I deserve this?"  Then I hear that voice in my head that says "Heck Yeah!  You have worked your butt off for this moment!"

For all of you out there rebuilding, don't give up all of your hard work will pay off.  My highest credit limit prior to this approval was $750.00.  Once this reports I will be saying Buh-Bye to RRMC, Orchard, and CapitalOne, only due the annual fees  Not concerned with AAOA because these are no way near my oldest accounts. 

On a side note, I realized that I app'ed for the NRewards instead of the Cash, will they do a PC?

They pulled EQ which is my lowest score 652.  Socre in my siggy are TU and EX Ficos from Lender Pull.

Thanks again!

Latest Update:

Last night I got trigger happy and app'd for the Navchek as well.  Approved for $15,000.  Also app'ed for Walmart for just for the free Fico score, approved for $600. 

Thanks again all!

Message 13 of 35
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Can someone please tell me how to apply for the NavChek?  I looked all over the site but I don't see it.  Is it part of checking overdraft?  I don't see the word NavCheck anywhere on the site at all.

New Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to apply for the NavChek?  I looked all over the site but I don't see it.  Is it part of checking overdraft?  I don't see the word NavCheck anywhere on the site at all.

Hi Chester,

Go to Account Services and then under the Savings and Checking sections there is link called Apply for an Overdraft Line of Credit

Yes the NavChek is an overdraft line of credit

Good Luck!

Message 15 of 35
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

And even though it is considered an Over Draft line you can still call or go into the branch and request a draw against the NAVCheck without emptying your checking account. They treat it as a line of credit in it's own right. The interest rate can be high in comparison to some other NFCU products but is lower than a lot of rates I have seen on some cards (and even 2 of my own).

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@butterfly3303 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Good to know. A rep told me it had to stay Visa or MC.

Message 17 of 35
score_building
Senior Contributor

@butterfly3303 wrote:

@butterfly3303 wrote:

First I have thank EVERYONE on this board for the expert adivce.  I have posted my "testimony" in a different post so I won't bore you with the details.

Today I decided to pull the trigger and apply for a Navy credit card and got the typical "We are processing your application..."

So about an hour later I decided to check my account online and under the Application Status it read Approved!  Needless to say, I was very happy UNTIL I clicked on the link and saw this: 

Congratulations! Based on your creditworthiness, you have been approved for a goRewards MasterCard credit card. Your new credit line will be $16,000.00. Your APR will be prime plus 13.74%. You should receive your new card(s) in 7-10 normal mail delivery days.

I am still trying to pick my jaw up from the floor!  The APR is little high, but I will take it!  This is my highest credit limit EVER!!!!! I have gone back and checked my accounts at least 5 times to make sure they did not make a mistake!  It is so strange, I would always literally dream about having a credit line like this, but now that I have it, I keep thinking "Do I deserve this?"  Then I hear that voice in my head that says "Heck Yeah!  You have worked your butt off for this moment!"

For all of you out there rebuilding, don't give up all of your hard work will pay off.  My highest credit limit prior to this approval was $750.00.  Once this reports I will be saying Buh-Bye to RRMC, Orchard, and CapitalOne, only due the annual fees  Not concerned with AAOA because these are no way near my oldest accounts. 

On a side note, I realized that I app'ed for the NRewards instead of the Cash, will they do a PC?

They pulled EQ which is my lowest score 652.  Socre in my siggy are TU and EX Ficos from Lender Pull.

Thanks again!

Latest Update:

Last night I got trigger happy and app'd for the Navchek as well.  Approved for $15,000.  Also app'ed for Walmart for just for the free Fico score, approved for $600. 

Thanks again all!

NFCU is awesome...Congrats on the approvals!  

I think 15k is the max CL for the NAVchek, did they disclose the APR upon app?

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 18 of 35
butterfly3303
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@butterfly3303 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!

Thank you for your post!  Because of it I decided to call CS back and they DID do a PC to the Cash Rewards Visa.  I guess I just got the wrong CSR!  I am sooooo grateful for this forum!

Message 19 of 35
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for the help.  Now I have a question:

I found the application screen, but it requested an amount.  Have all of you input an amount that you are requesting for the NavChek overdraft line of credit?  So, I could put $1,000 or $15,000 and might get either or something in between?  I'm just wondering what figures people have asked for and if you go the full amount requested or a larger or smaller amount.

Also, was in instant, or did it take a few days?