Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

All I can say is WOW!!!!  I just started lurking on MyFico < 60 days ago, and had and EQ score of 529 and TU score of 509.  Through disputes with CRA's I was able to raise my EQ score to 650 (as of today) and TU to 611.

I searched CreditBoards and these forums for cards that checked EQ during the application and applied with University FCU in Austin (hometown) and Navy FCU (just joined 2 days ago).  I was approved by UFCU for $2,500 (maybe I should have asked for more?  Smiley Happy ) and was approved by NFCU for $17,500!!!!!!!!!!!

My other cards are all sub-prime (Aspire $1K, Orchard $600 and $400) and I have NEVER had a CC with a limit of more than $2K.

I am soooooo amazed and grateful for all the fantastic information everyone here has shared in these forums.  I would never have believed this was possible in such a short period of time and plan on taking VERY good care of these new valuable assets!
Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy FCU ROCKS!!!!! Approved for $17.5K

Congrats!!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!
Message 2 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

TEX,

what CRA did Navy pull  TU,EX,EQ?   and what were your scores?

im in Fort Worth.
Message 3 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Now I just have to convince a family member to join the navy so I can join the credit union Smiley Wink lol
Message 4 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, Tex!!!  No doubt about it.  NFCU is AWESOME!!!
Message 5 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tex, welcome to the forums. And super congrats on NFCU! Wow, What a cl! WTG.

I've heard so many good things about that CU. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome- time to dump the "Toy" cards now-
Message 7 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

In reply to "MYMY" and some additional information about my stats when I applied last night (well 2:00 AM this morning).  Smiley Happy

First of all, I told my wife this morning about my success last night and her jaw nearly hit the floor when I told her I had been approved for $20,000 CL across 2 CC's in less than 10 minutes last night.

• NFCU pulled EQ and my score was 650 on the nose.
  • Filed BK Ch. 13 12/03 and asked to have it dismissed 02/07 (modified loans for secured debt [cars and house], then dealt with unsecured's on my own).
  • BK 13 is currently reporting as "dismissed" on all 3 bureaus
  • Have 2 baddies with First Premier and WAMU that were IIB, but since case was dismissed, they are now reporting as "late" again even though they are closed.
  • Have one collection account left on EQ for $1300, which I am sending DV letter today
  • Have 4 sub-prime cards with limits from $400 - $1000, all on time for 2 years
  • Current Util across all revolving credit is 28%
  • Have 2 auto loans with local CU, both were modified loans in 12/06 and show 14 consecutive on-time payments (some 60 and 90 day lates prior to that).
  • Have a mortgage that was the same as the cars (modified on 02/07) and current for last 12 months.

That's just about everything that I can give you for a current snapshot when I applied.

I can now say from experience that the rebuilding process can & does work if you're diligent (maybe even relentless) about disputing with CRA's, be polite but firm with everyone you deal with, write DV's when disputes don't work and write GW's when dealing with an OC to get lates removed or status changed.  I still have some work to do to get a few baddies removed from TU and EX, but I am well on the road to a "full recovery" Smiley Very Happy and can't thank everyone here enough for their invaluable contributions.

Message 8 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love reading success stories Tex! Thanks for sharing. (btw, I'm in Arlington.) Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

tex,

thanks for the detailed info.  i already have check/savings acct with Navy, but my Eq 632, might be too low..i am waiting for a few things to drop..

Exuifax in Texas is done by CSC, have you had any experience with them?

Message 10 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.