cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU rebuild

tag
ICSDREAMS

Navy FCU rebuild

1st time poster in need of advice. I have a $1400 unpaid Navy FCU cc charge off that I am prepared to pif if I could rekindle my relationship with them. I am looking to rebuild since I have fixed my major credit issues. My FICO scores are Eq (755) with 0 inquiries or collections, TU (638) with 1 inquiry/ 4 small collections and Ex (667) with 3 inquiries/ 3 small collections. I also would welcome and appreciate any advice on where I should start to add trade lines. I currently have an open Toyota Financial auto loan with 0 lates, Cap One Secured ($2800), Cap One cash rewards ($500), BBRZ ($400), combined revolving utilization under 15%. Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ICSDREAMS

Re: Navy FCU rebuild

+1 Bump      Help please someone

Message 2 of 7
CM1
Valued Member

I would definitely pay that NFCU CC. They are great and very forgiving. You could garden for a bit until your baddies fall off or score goes up, them reapply to navy.
Message 3 of 7
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

How old is the CO?  Have you talked with NFCU?  Do you have any other things with them, checking, savings, etc.?

If NFCU is important to you, I'd call them and see if they will reestablish membership.  My guess is that they will.  Once a member always a member (that is if you still have a qualifable way in).  They are generally forgiving.

Message 4 of 7
ICSDREAMS

I tried to call, need to wait till Monday

Message 5 of 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I agree you should do whatever you can to get back in with NFCU ~ let us know how it works out.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I feel like I have seen others post about paying Navy and turning around and getting approved for membership followed by credit card and loc again right away.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.