Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy FCU to Mastercard?

tag
sto0pyd
Regular Contributor

Navy FCU to Mastercard?

Have you guys noticed that Navy FCU is slowly switching their ads towards the Mastercard version of the credit card product?  First, it was the GO-Rewards, and now the Cash Reward has a MasterCard version which is highlighted on their site.  I'm wondering if they are slowly shifting their portfolio over to MasterCard... 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy FCU to Mastercard?

It wouldn't surprise me.  Citi has been shifting their portfolio from Visa to MasterCard as well.  Ironically, PenFed used to be an all-MasterCard operation, and now they only offer Visa and Amex.  Financial institutions and credit card networks have ever-changing relationships.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 6
MAZDA3
Frequent Contributor

Just did a quick dummy app and for the Cash Rewards there is a drop down box allowing you app for either a visa or mastercard. One would think if they were ditching visa A. Existing cardholders would have probably been notified by now and B. Only mastercard would be available to app for.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Except for Costco issues, get the Mastercard..why cell phone protection is way better!

Message 4 of 6
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for this as they just started offering mc for cash rewards. Tried to do a pc 2 months ago and was told my account number would change because I had a mc and they were only offering visa. Glad to see that isn’t the case anymore.

Message 5 of 6
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

It seems all of their cards now have the option to choose Visa or Mastercard except the Flagship. I will gladly pc my Flagship card to a Mastercard if and when it becomes available. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.